Williams-Sonoma Braising Base Set
Preparing memorable meals is simple when you have this trio of wholesome, timesaving starters on your pantry shelf. A legendary specialty of France’s Burgundian countryside, boeuf bourguignonne is a hearty dish made with red wine, mushrooms, leeks and shallots. Showcasing the bright flavors of citrus and Chardonnay, our Meyer Lemon braising base is the foundation of a main course for family meals and easy, elegant entertaining. Our Cacciatore base is an Italian country classic, perfect fare for chilly evenings and hungry guests. And our Short Rib Braising Base makes it easy to prepare succulent braised short ribs. Simply brown beef or chicken pieces on the stovetop, then add the base and simmer in a Dutch oven or slow cooker.
- Boeuf Bourguignonne combines hearty red wine, mushrooms, leeks and shallots for authentic French flavors.
- Meyer Lemon balances the delicate, tangy taste of Meyer lemons with roasted California garlic, whole-grain French Dijon mustard, Italian extra-virgin olive oil and California Chardonnay wine.
- Cacciatore is made from a classic recipe that calls for white wine, Portobello mushrooms, vegetables and spices.
- Short Rib Braising Base is made from Burgundy wine, balsamic vinegar, aromatic vegetables and herbs that are simmered together for hours.
- All-natural ingredients are cooked together for hours to create savory, aromatic sauces with rich complexity and depth of flavor.
- Quick and easy to prepare with browned beef or chicken.
- 24.5 oz.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Boeuf Bourguignonne Braising Base: cremini mushrooms, Cabernet Sauvignon red wine (contains sulfites), carrots, leeks, shallots, red onions, veal and beef base (veal stock [concentrated veal broth, water], beef stock [concentrated beef broth, water, salt], seasoning [hydrolyzed soy and wheat protein, soy lecithin, yeast extract, cocoa powder, spice extractives], mirepoix stock [celery juice, carrot juice, onion juice], tomato paste [tomato, water, citric acid], corn syrup solids, canola oil, garlic concentrate, mushroom concentrate), olive oil, tomato paste, parsley, unbleached all-purpose flour (unbleached hard wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), garlic, distilled vinegar, sea salt, thyme, ground bay leaves, black pepper.
- Meyer Lemon Braising Base: chicken broth (water, dried chicken stock, salt, carrot stock, celery stock, gelatin, onion stock, chicken fat, chicken, chicken skin, tapioca starch, natural flavor), onions, lemon juice, chardonnay wine, granulated sugar, olive oil, chicken demi-glace (chicken stock, mirepoix stock [carrot, celery and onion stocks], roasted chicken stock, dried chicken stock, modified food starch, water, gelatin, salt, white wine, chicken fat), roasted garlic, whole grain Dijon mustard (vinegar, mustard seed, salt, water, white wine, spices), modified food starch, Meyer lemon juice, lemon peel, sea salt, thyme, sage, black pepper.
- Cacciatore Braising Base: white wine (contains sulfites), tomatoes, onions, chicken stock (chicken base, water), portobello mushrooms, tomato paste, extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, parmesan cheese, carrots, herbs, spices, salt, sugar.
- Short Rib Braising Base: Water, red Burgundy wine, balsamic vinegar, port wine, sugar, carrots, celery, canola oil, tomato paste, onion, demi-glace (veal stock [veal bones, water], roux [wheat flour, veal fat], modified food starch, mirepoix stock [carrot, celery, onion], red wine, beef stock, tomato paste, salt, celery stock, carrot stock), caramelized onion base (caramelized onions, salt, brown sugar, onion powder, yeast extract, potato flour, natural flavors), garlic, xanthan gum, spices.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.