Williams-Sonoma Star Anise
Native to southern China and Vietnam, star anise is a seed-bearing pod from an evergreen tree related to the magnolia. Its aromatic essential oils reside in shiny black seeds inside the star-shaped pod, offering a pungent licorice flavor with sweet hints of cinnamon and clove.
- Prized for its spicy licorice flavor and aroma, star anise is used to flavor both sweet and savory dishes.
- Chinese cooks often add star anise to poultry and pork dishes, while the Vietnamese use the spice in their celebrated beef soup, pho.
- This fragrant spice is a delicious seasoning for chicken, duck, fish and scallops. It also adds warm, spicy flavor to baked goods.
- Star anise can be used whole, broken into individual points or crushed in a spice grinder.
- Hand-selected for its pleasing shape and aroma, our premium, all-natural star anise is sourced from China by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 0.8 oz.
- Product of China.
- Star anise.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.