A pantry staple around the world, nutmeg is the hard, speckled seed of an apricot-like fruit produced by a tropical evergreen. Culinary professionals and dedicated home cooks agree that the rich, spicy character of nutmeg is best elicited by grinding or grating the aromatic seed just before using.
- Harvested in the Far East and West Indies, our whole nutmeg is notable for its rich aroma and warm, slightly sweet flavor.
- The finely ground spice is widely used for baking, complementing everything from cakes, muffins and cookies to custards, fruit pies and other desserts.
- Ground nutmeg adds piquant nuances to a variety of savory dishes, including béchamel sauce, creamed spinach, quiches and soufflés.
- To enjoy whole nutmeg, use a spice grinder or Microplane grater just prior to adding the spice to your favorite recipes.
- Our freshly harvested whole nutmeg is hand-selected for peerless flavor and aroma.
- This premium, all-natural spice is sourced from Indonesia by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 2.2 oz.
- Product of Indonesia.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.