Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
A pantry staple around the world, nutmeg is the hard, speckled seed of an apricot-like fruit produced by a tropical evergreen. Culinary professionals and dedicated home cooks agree that the rich, spicy character of nutmeg is best elicited by grinding or grating the aromatic seed just before using.
- Harvested in the Far East and West Indies, our whole nutmeg is notable for its rich aroma and warm, slightly sweet flavor.
- The finely ground spice is widely used for baking, complementing everything from cakes, muffins and cookies to custards, fruit pies and other desserts.
- Ground nutmeg adds piquant nuances to a variety of savory dishes, including béchamel sauce, creamed spinach, quiches and soufflés.
- To enjoy whole nutmeg, use a spice grinder or Microplane grater just prior to adding the spice to your favorite recipes.
- Our freshly harvested whole nutmeg is hand-selected for peerless flavor and aroma.
- This premium, all-natural spice is sourced from Indonesia by a family-owned artisanal spice company in Northern California's Napa Valley.
- 2.2 oz.
- Product of Indonesia.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.