- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Rich yet fluffy, dense and moist, this is the classic white cake of your dreams. Made by hand at a small family-owned Florida cake boutique, the four layers of this cake have the heft of a pound cake, alternated with ultra-rich vanilla buttercream. The whole thing is then covered in vanilla buttercream frosting. Grab a glass of cold milk or a hot cup of coffee and tuck into this decadent treat.
- 6" diam., 4 3/4" high (serves 8–10).
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Shipped frozen
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Take the cake out of the box and remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen.
Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Butter, nutex, granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, salt, whole buttermilk, egg whites, baking soda.
- Frosting: Butter, vegetable shortening, powdered sugar, natural vanilla, salt.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Gluten-Free Vanilla Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Rated 5 out of 5 by onyx from Most delicious vanilla cake This cake is the best vanilla cake I have eaten. The frosting is delicious, not too sweet and the cake is so moist it could stand on its own. It arrived in perfect condition. I brought it to work and shared it with coworkers who are raving about it weeks later. I have tried other flavors. We Take the Cake makes the best cakes.Date published: 2014-05-11Rated 2 out of 5 by pjcwimp from WAY TOO SWEET I would not recommend this cake. The icing is more like a royal icing rather than a buttercream. It is extremely sweet and thick. Something like eating just plain sugar. The cake itself dense and dry. I have previously purchased several cakes made by another bakery from Williams-Sonoma and found them to be very good. This unfortunately is not one of them. Sorry I brought it.Date published: 2014-03-02