We Take The Cake Red Velvet Cake
- Online Only
Red velvet cake is a favorite holiday dessert in the American South, where bakers pass recipes from one generation to the next. Showcasing a vibrant crimson hue and rich cocoa flavor as festive as the season itself, ours is lovingly made by hand at a small family-owned boutique bakery in Florida. This decadent dessert combines four fabulous layers of dense, moist cocoa buttermilk cake with fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting. Crafted using the best natural ingredients, our red velvet cake is ready whenever you are—just thaw, slice and serve.
- 4 3/4" x 6" diam. (serves 8–10).
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Shipped frozen
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. To remove the cake from the box, unfold the box so that the front panel lies flat and you can slide the cake out of the box with ease. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Butter, sugar, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, natural vanilla, red food coloring, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, white vinegar.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, powdered sugar, natural vanilla.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.