Peppermint Chocolate Cake
Rich, moist chocolate cake finished with festive peppermint-studded buttercream make this lofty confection the star of the holiday dessert buffet and a peppermint-lover's favorite. Made by hand at a small family-owned Florida cake boutique, the four layers of this cake are moist, with a delicate crumb, enhanced by the depth of Dutch cocoa powder. The peppermint-flavored buttercream is heightened by the addition of crushed peppermint candies sprinkled between each substantial layer (with extra for you to sprinkle on top). Serve as the celebratory conclusion to a special holiday meal or as the candy-strewn centerpiece to a festive dessert table.
- 6" diam., 4 3/4" high (serves 8–10).
- 3 lb. 2 oz.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. Sprinkle peppermint candies (included) evenly over top. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container.
- Cake: Butter, sugar, trans fat-free vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, natural vanilla.
- Frosting: Butter, powdered sugar, peppermint extract, salt, crushed peppermint pieces.
- Topping: Crushed peppermint pieces.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped overnight to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Returns Policy.