Black Rose Red Velvet Cake
- Online Only
This striking cake is simply to die for. We take four layers of moist, tender red velvet cake, and fill the layers with a thin layer of black chocolate icing, then frost the whole thing with black-as-night chocolate roses that encase the cake like midnight fog. The layers of red and black are as pleasing to the eye as they are to the palate, making this a wickedly good addition to your Halloween gathering.
- 6" diam., 4 1/2" high (serves 8–10).
- 3 lb.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Butter, sugar, trans-fat free vegetable shortening, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, natural vanilla, red food coloring, all purpose flour, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, white vinegar.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, natural vanilla, sifted cocoa powder, salt, whole milk, black food coloring.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.