Gluten-Free Red Velvet Cake
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Red velvet cake is a favorite holiday dessert in the American South, where bakers hand down recipes from one generation to the next. Showcasing a vibrant crimson hue and rich chocolate flavor, our gluten-free version is lovingly hand made at a small family-owned boutique bakery in Florida. The dessert consists of four fabulous layers of dense, moist chocolate-buttermilk cake prepared using using the best natural ingredients, including Chef Thomas Keller’s signature gluten-free Cup4Cup flour. For the finishing touch, it's filled and frosted with fluffy vanilla cream cheese frosting.
- 6" diam., 4 1/2" high (serves 6–8).
- 3 lb.
- Gluten-free, but made in a facility that uses wheat.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The cake is shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, remove the cake from the bakery box and store in the freezer for up to 3 months, or defrost in the refrigerator overnight and keep for up to 7 days.
- The cake is best enjoyed at room temperature. Remove the plastic from the cake while it is still frozen. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight. Once thawed, remove from box and allow the cake to come to room temperature, approximately 4 hours before serving. To serve, run a large knife under hot water and dry with a towel before every slice. Store leftover cake in an airtight container, where it will keep up to 3 days refrigerated.
- Cake: Cup4Cup Gluten-Free flour, butter, sugar, cocoa powder, fresh eggs, trans fat free vegetable shortening, natural vanilla, red food coloring, baking soda, salt, whole buttermilk, white vinegar.
- Frosting: Butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, natural vanilla
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
- Immediate delivery orders will ship within one to two weeks; Valentine's Day delivery orders will ship February 6–8 to arrive by February 10.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.