Raising bees not only provides you with the freshest honey, it also gives your fruit and vegetable garden plenty of pollinators for increased harvests. The Warre hive follows the design of an early-20th-century French priest whose extensive research led to a simple, low-maintenance beehive that causes minimal disturbance to bees. The frameless hive uses top bars so bees can make their own combs. As boxes fill with combs, additional boxes are added below, utilizing bees’ natural tendency to build downwards and minimizing the escape of warmth and nest scents.
- Hive components are crafted of untreated Western red cedar that is naturally rot- and pest-resistant.
- 1”-thick boards provide substantial insulation.
- Burlap-covered quilt box helps absorb moisture and retain nest scent and heat.
- Cedar feet increase stability and elevate hive to protect against pests.
- Simple to use and harvest—no extractors, frames or extra boxes required.
- Little to no maintenance of hive required.
- Top bar design allows bees to build their own combs.
- Assembly required.
- Includes roof, quilt box, floor, extra burlap, 16 top bars and galvanized metal screws.
- Bees not included.
- Made in USA.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.