Turn leftover wine into robust, flavorful vinegar in this traditional stoneware pot. Made in France by a company that has crafted pottery since 1847, it has thick sides for excellent temperature regulation and a wooden tap to make bottling your vinegar easy.
- A traditional vinegar pot, like those found in kitchens across France, crafted of thick stoneware with a pale gray glaze that’s applied by hand and high-fired.
- Generous 1-gal. capacity.
- The dish-shaped lid allows developing vinegar to breathe.
- Cork-stoppered wooden tap makes it simple to decant vinegar into bottles and cruets.
- Start with a bit of high-quality vinegar, add your own white or red wine, then simply wait.
- Depending on the air temperature and the wine you choose, you may have vinegar as quickly as a few weeks. You can use it right away for bright, sharp flavor, or age it for a few months in the bottle to mellow it.
- If you begin a new batch using a bit of the previous one, the results will be faster— and you'll always have a good supply to use and share.
- Instructions included.
- 9" diam., 9 1/4" high; 1-gal. cap
- 6.12 lb.
- Made in France.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.