Turn leftover wine into robust, flavorful vinegar in this traditional stoneware pot. Made in France by a company that has crafted pottery since 1847, it has thick sides for excellent temperature regulation and a wooden tap to make bottling your vinegar easy.
- A traditional vinegar pot, like those found in kitchens across France, crafted of thick stoneware with a pale gray glaze that’s applied by hand and high-fired.
- Generous 1-gal. capacity.
- The dish-shaped lid allows developing vinegar to breathe.
- Cork-stoppered wooden tap makes it simple to decant vinegar into bottles and cruets.
- Start with a bit of high-quality vinegar, add your own white or red wine, then simply wait.
- Depending on the air temperature and the wine you choose, you may have vinegar as quickly as a few weeks. You can use it right away for bright, sharp flavor, or age it for a few months in the bottle to mellow it.
- If you begin a new batch using a bit of the previous one, the results will be faster— and you'll always have a good supply to use and share.
- Instructions included.
- 9" diam., 9 1/4" high; 1-gal. cap
- 6.12 lb.
- Made in France.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.