Vermont Farmstead Cheese Collection
- Online Only
The Vermont Farmstead Cheese Company began as a community effort to save a local farm and its surrounding rural landscape in South Woodstock, Vermont. Since 2011, the dairy farm has produce an array of award-winning farmstead and artisanal cheeses that put a delicious Vermont twist on traditional Old World cheese recipes. Produced from the milk of its sustainably raised herd of Ayrshire, Brown Swiss, Holstein, Jersey and Milking Shorthorn cows, our collection of three cheeses includes:
Alehouse Cheddar: A unique twist to a traditional cow’s milk Cheddar that’s enhanced with Harpoon® Dark and IPA ales, yielding a fragrant ale nose and an flavorful balance of nuts and hops with slight caramel notes. 7 oz.
Lillé Bébé: Thicker than a Brie, this soft-ripened cow’s milk cheese has a white, bloomy rind, a creamy ivory paste and a sweet buttery flavor with notes of mushroom that becomes more pronounced with age. 7 oz.
Smoked WindsorDale: A raw cow’s milk cheese made according to an 1800s recipe from Wensleydale, England. Smoked over applewood, the firm cheese has a tangy, smoky flavor with hints of tart apples, a sweet, honeyed aftertaste and firm, flaky texture. 7 oz.
- 1lb. 5 oz.
- Wine pairing and serving suggestions accompany the cheeses.
- Shipped chilled.
- Made in USA.
- Because the items in this collection are crafted in limited quantities, we may occasionally have to make substitutions with similar items of equal quality.
- Use & Care
- Refrigerate cheeses upon receipt. They are best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from the refrigerator fan.
- Wrap leftover cheese in parchment paper (plastic wrap is not recommended).
- Consume cheeses within one to two weeks of receipt.
- To experience each cheese’s full flavor, serve at room temperature.
- Alehouse Cheddar: Pasteurized whole cow’s milk, Harpoon® Dark and IPA ales, salt, enzymes and select cultures.
- Lillé Bébé: Pasteurized whole cow’s milk, salt, enzymes and select cultures.
- WindsorDale: Raw whole cow’s milk, salt, enzymes and select cultures.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.