Williams-Sonoma Turkish Bay Leaves
Harvested from the Mediterranean bay laurel tree, our Turkish bay leaves are much milder and have a more complex flavor than their domestic cousins. Use them to add a delicately sweet astringency to your favorite dishes. Just one or two leaves will enhance a large roast or pot of homemade soup.
- Also called 'sweet bay leaves', these leaves grow wild on the hilly mountains of western Turkey in the area around Izmir (Smyrna).
- The aromatic leaves have a subtle, complex flavor with a delicate, tangy sweetness.
- Use this flavorful herb to season roast poultry, pork or beef.
- Add bay leaves to your favorite marinades, sauces, soups and stews.
- You can also add the fragrant leaves to cooking water for potatoes or noodles to give a hint of herbal flavor.
- This premium, all-natural herb is sourced from around the world and expertly blended by a family-owned artisanal spice company in California's Napa Valley.
- 0.19 oz.
- Made in the USA of imported ingredients.
- Turkish bay leaves.