Medium Turkey Dinner Delivered, Christmas
We’ve solved your holiday entertaining needs with our all-inclusive turkey dinner, perfect for a medium-sized family meal. Simply heat and serve, so you can spend more time at the table and less time in the kitchen.
Willie Bird Turkey: Extraordinarily juicy, succulent and flavorful, the free-range birds are raised on natural grains, free of antibiotics and hormones on a family farm in California’s Sonoma County.
Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Fried Shallots: Silky whipped russet potatoes are folded with real butter and tangy cream cheese for a satisfying side. A sprinkling of crispy, salty fried shallots over the top adds texture and spark.
Green Beans with Cranberries & Pecans: French market cut green beans are cooked to tender perfection and tossed in a garlic butter sauce, then folded in with chewy sweet-tart dried cranberries and crunchy pecans.
Apple Cranberry Pie: Sweetie-licious’ award-winning pies are crowd pleasers. This pie is full to the brim with sweet-tart Michigan apples and cranberries, bubbling over the hand-crimped edges, and topped with a crisp crumble.
- For Christmas, order by Friday, December 19. Ships December 22 to arrive by December 24.
- Contains 1 fresh turkey, 2 trays buttermilk mashed potatoes with fried shallots, 2 trays green beans with cranberries and pecans and an apple cranberry pie.
- Serves 8.
- Turkey ships fresh and chilled.
- Sides and pie ship frozen.
- To ensure all of the dinner components arrive in perfect condition, you may receive them in separate shipments.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Turkey: 12–14 lb.
- Buttermilk mashed potatoes: 3 lb. 12 oz.
- Green beans: 2 lb. 4 oz.
- Apple cranberry pie: 9" diam., 2" high.
- Use & Care
- The turkey shipped fresh and chilled with gel packs. The sides and pie shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon receipt, refrigerate or freeze the turkey in its vacuum-sealed bag. Unopened, the bird keeps 7 days refrigerated and up to 3 months frozen. Take the turkey from the refrigerator 1 hour before roasting and remove it from the bag. Do not leave at room temperature longer than 1 hour.
- Store the mashed potatoes and green beans in the freezer upon receipt, where the items will keep for up to 24 months.
- Upon receipt, place the pie directly in the freezer where it will keep for 3 weeks. To defrost, leave the pie in its box on the counter. Store thawed pie in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Refreezing after thawing is not recommended.
Roasting an Unstuffed Turkey
- A turkey is easier to prepare and roasts more evenly and faster if left unstuffed; the stuffing can be baked separately. The times listed below are calculated for an unstuffed turkey. Bring the bird to room temperature. Place it, breast side up, on a rack in a roasting pan and roast at 400°F for 30 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 325°F and continue roasting until done. Allow 13 to 15 minutes per pound.
Turkey Weight Approximate Roasting Time
- 12–14 lb. 2 3/4 to 3 1/4 hours
Roasting a Stuffed Turkey
- Stuff the turkey just before putting it in the oven (do not stuff it earlier). Spoon the dressing loosely into the body and neck cavities. Do not overfill, as the dressing will expand during roasting. Truss the turkey. To facilitate removing the stuffing, first line the inside of the cavity with a double layer of cheesecloth, allowing it to extend beyond the cavity by a few inches. Then spoon the stuffing inside. After roasting the bird, gently pull the overhanging cheesecloth and the stuffing will slip out easily, neatly tucked inside the cheesecloth. To ensure that a stuffed turkey cooks evenly, roast the bird slowly, breast side up, at 325°F, covering the breast loosely with foil for the first two-thirds of the roasting time. Using the chart at left, add about 30 minutes to the total cooking time for stuffed birds weighing 16 lb. or less, and about 1 hour for birds weighing more than 16 lb.
Testing for Doneness
- The breast and thighs must reach different internal temperatures for ideal doneness. The breast should register 165°F and the thigh, 175°F. Begin testing for doneness 30 minutes to 1 hour before the total roasting time is reached. To test the breast using an instant-read thermometer, insert it into the meatiest part, several inches above the wings. To test the thigh, insert the instant-read thermometer alongside the opening of the main cavity underneath the drumstick, away from the bone. This is the meatiest part of the thigh.
- The turkey will continue to cook internally after you remove it from the oven, so you may take it out when the thermometer registers 3°F to 4°F below the minimum temperature. Then cover the bird loosely with aluminum foil. If roasting a stuffed bird, be sure the stuffing reaches 165°F. After taking the turkey out of the oven, let it rest for 20–30 minutes. This allows time for some of the juices to be absorbed back into the meat, which makes it easier to carve and more moist. If roasting a stuffed bird, remove all of the stuffing at serving time.
- For the sides, preheat conventional oven to 375°F. Remove trays from freezer, remove plastic wrap and place trays on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake mashed potatoes for 40–45 minutes, or until heated through. Add the crispy shallots during the last 5 minutes of bake time.
- Cook green beans for 30 minutes. Mid-way through, remove tray from oven and stir. Bake for an additional 10–15 minutes or until heated through.
- Thaw pie as directed, and serve at room temperature. Alternately, cover entire pie loosely with foil and reheat in an oven preheated to 250ºF for 15–20 minutes or microwave for 15–20 seconds per slice.
- Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes with Fried Shallots: Russet potatoes, half and half (milk, cream), cream cheese (pasteurized cultured milk and cream, salt, xanthan, carob bean and/or guar gums), unsalted butter (cream), salt, black pepper.
- Green Beans with Cranberries and Pecans: Extra fine French green beans, dried cranberries, pecans, unsalted butter (cream), garlic, salt, black pepper.
- Apple Cranberry Pie: Crust: Flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin [a B vitamin] iron, thiamin mononitrate [vitamin B1], riboflavin [vitamin B2], folic acid [a B vitamin]), butter (sweet cream), cream cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, whey protein concentrate, salt, carob bean gum, cheese culture, sugar, salt). Filling: Michigan Ida Red and Cortland apples, sugar, dark brown sugar, butter (sweet cream), flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin [a B vitamin], iron, thiamin mononitrate [vitamin B1], riboflavin [vitamin B2], folic acid ([a B vitamin]), liqueur, citrus juice, spices, creamy caramel flavoring (natural flavors, propylene glycol, glycerin, water, alcohol, molasses), sea salt.
- Topping: Flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour, niacin [a B vitamin], iron, thiamin mononitrate [vitamin B1], riboflavin [vitamin B2], folic acid [a B vitamin]), butter (sweet cream), sugar, salt (calcium silicate).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping.
- For Christmas, order by Friday, December 19. Ships Monday, December 22 to arrive by Wednesday, December 24.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.