Enjoy a selection of Europe’s best artisan cheeses delivered right from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. These unique cheeses from England, Italy and France offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles, perfect for entertaining.
- Approx. 4 lb. 12 oz. cheese total.
- Wine-pairing and serving suggestions accompany each shipment.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1: Delivered March 4–14, 2014
Quicke’s English Cheddar Cheese Collection
- Vintage Cheddar: Traditional cheddar cellar-aged approximately two years, encouraging an intense depth of flavor. 8 oz.
- Smoked Cheddar: Traditional cheddar aged 12 to 15 months, then cut into wedges and naturally smoked over oak chips from the estate’s woodland. 8 oz.
- Raw Milk Cheddar: Cheddar made with raw (unpasteurized) milk, which adds complexity, and aged for 9 to 14 months. 8 oz.
Month 2: Delivered April 8–18, 2014 (in time for Easter)
Italian Cheese Collection
- Two-Milk Robiola: A smooth and creamy blend of cow’s and goat’s milk from the Piedmont region. Each milk adds its own characteristics for a lush, supple cheese with layers of flavors ranging from fresh cream, yeasts, grasses, butter and hay. 8.8 oz.
- Brunet: A dense, cake-like, creamy pasteurized goat’s milk cheese from Piedmont, featuring a bloomy rind and a robust, milky flavor that make it a great match for sparkling wines. 8 oz.
- Pecorino di Rocca: This Tuscan sheep’s milk cheese has a slightly grassy aroma, a sweet, nutty flavor, and a firm yet moist, crumbly texture. 12.35 oz.
Month 3: Delivered April 29–May 9, 2014 (in time for Mother’s Day)
French Cheese Collection
- Cremeux de Citeaux: A triple-crème cow’s milk cheese featuring an incredibly creamy, thick consistency, this buttery beauty has a bouquet of toasted nuts, mushrooms and truffles, and is delightful paired with fruity white wines or Champagne. 7 oz.
- Fourme d’Ambert: This milky, dense, pasteurized blue cow’s milk cheese is laced with seductive notes of heavy cream. Its bold flavor matches well with a full-bodied Pinot Noir or a Côtes du Rhône. 8 oz.
- Jeune Autize: A wedge of raw goat’s milk cheese with a washed rind made in small batches by a single farmer. Earthy and pungent, with a dense, supple texture and mild, buttery flavor with hints of goat's milk and lemon. It’s perfect for the cheese novice, and pairs nicely with crisp white wines. 8 oz.