Our European cheese collection takes you on a journey through the taste and tradition of cheese-making in France and Italy. Each monthly delivery offers a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites.
- Wine-pairing and serving suggestions accompany each shipment.
- Approx. 4 lb. 3 oz. cheese total.
- Shipped chilled.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Month 1: June 4–14 (delivered in time for Father's Day)
French Cheese Collection
- Camembert: From affineur Rodolphe le Meunier, this classic soft-ripened cow’s milk cheese from Normandy is aged two months to develop a white, bloomy edible rind, a creamy paste and salty, buttery mushroomy flavors. 8.8 oz.
- Galet du Cher: A pasteurized goat’s milk round from the Loire Valley, with a ridged exterior dusted in vegetable ash, a white crumbly interior and a distinctive fresh, clean goat’s milk flavor. Aged four weeks by affineur Rodolphe le Meunier. 8 oz.
- Brun de Noix: The rind of this semifirm raw cow’s milk cheese from cheesemaker Pascal Beillevaire is washed with walnut liqueur before the cheese is aged 8 to 10 weeks, creating its distinctive brown exterior, light brown paste and sweet, meaty flavor overtones. 6.75 oz.
Month 2: July 9–19
Italian Burrata & Mozzarella Collection
- Burrata: In the pastoral region of Puglia, cheesemaker Caseificio Maldera handcrafts this luscious cheese by expertly stretching a supple layer of fresh mozzarella around a creamy mixture of thinly sliced mozzarella and cream. Resembling a drawstring pouch, the finished burrata is rich and velvety, with a hint of delicate sweetness. 8.8 oz.
- Mozzarella di Bufala: Handmade at a small family farm in Campania, this traditional Italian mozzarella is luxuriously smooth and supple. Its sweet, delicate flavor is soft and milky, with the subtle fruity tang characteristic of the finest and freshest water buffalo milk. Two 4.4 oz. pieces (8.8 oz. total).
Month 3: August 6–16
La Bottera Italian Cheese Collection
Enjoy a trio of artisan cheeses from Piedmont, handcrafted by Anna and Mario Sarale.
- Ciabra in Foglie di Castagno: Luxuriously soft and rich, this goat's milk cheese is wrapped in chestnut leaves, which enhance its mellow flavors with subtle mossy tones and a fresh, grassy aroma. 9.4 oz.
- Runcherin: This bloomy-rind cheese combines the rich milk of cows, sheep and goats. It's soft and sweet, with a heavenly aroma of fresh milk and hazelnuts. 8 oz.
- Blu Bottera: More delicate and mellow than most blue cheeses, this bloomy rind cheese is aged for 60 days, giving it a subtle, spicy flavor and soft, creamy interior with velvety pockets of blue. 8.8 oz.