Enjoy a selection of Europe’s best artisanal cheeses delivered right from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. These unique cheeses from England, Italy and France offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles, perfect for entertaining.
- Approx. 4 lb. 12 oz. cheese total.
- Wine-pairing and serving suggestions accompany each shipment.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1: Delivered Nov. 4–14, 2014 (in time for Thanksgiving)
Italian Cheese Collection
- Two-Milk Robiola: A smooth and creamy blend of cow’s and goat’s milk from the Piedmont region. Each milk adds its own characteristics for a lush, supple cheese with layers of flavors ranging from fresh cream, yeasts, grasses, butter and hay. 8.8 oz.
- Brunet: A dense, cake-like, creamy pasteurized goat’s milk cheese from Piedmont, featuring a bloomy rind and a robust, milky flavor that make it a great match for sparkling wines. 8 oz.
- Pecorino di Rocca: This Tuscan sheep’s milk cheese has a slightly grassy aroma, a sweet, nutty flavor, and a firm yet moist, crumbly texture. 12.35 oz.
Month 2: Delivered Dec. 9–19, 2014 (in time for Christmas)
U.K. Cheese Collection
- Sharpham Rustic with Chive & Garlic: Crafted from the rich milk of Jersey cows who graze on wild garlic, this crumbly cheese has a bright, milky flavor laced with savory notes of spring garlic and chives. It's the perfect pairing for your favorite beers. 8 oz.
- Pearls of Pure Goats’ Cheese: These award-winning “pearls” of fresh goat's milk cheese have a delicate, tangy flavor highlighted by a marinade of herbs, garlic and pink peppercorns. The creamy, spreadable cheese pairs nicely with light white wines. 4.6 oz.
- Cave Aged Truckle: Named for its cylindrical "truckle" shape, this robust Dorset cheddar cheese combines a mellow, earthy aroma with rich, nutty flavor enhanced by deep buttery notes. The semi-hard cheese is the ultimate partner for a British stout. 10.5 oz.
Month 3: Delivered Jan. 6–16, 2015
French Cheese Collection
- Cremeux de Citeaux: A buttery triple-crème cow’s milk cheese featuring a creamy, thick paste with a bouquet of toasted nuts, mushrooms and truffles. 7 oz.
- Fourme d’Ambert: This milky, dense, pasteurized blue cow’s milk cheese is laced with seductive notes of heavy cream. 8 oz.
- Jeune Autize: A wedge of raw goat’s milk cheese made in small batches by a single farmer. Earthy and pungent, the washed-rind cheese has a dense, supple texture and mild, buttery flavor with hints of goat's milk and lemon. 8 oz.