Three Months of American Cheese
Enjoy a selection of America’s best artisan cheeses delivered right from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. The unique cheeses from Michigan, North Carolina and Utah offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles. Month 3 also includes artisanal salami and crackers to accompany the cheese.
- Approx. 3 lb. 12 oz. cheese total.
- Wine pairing and serving suggestions accompany the cheeses.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1: Delivered March 4–14, 2014
Zingerman's Michigan Cheese Collection, Michigan
- Great Lakes Cheshire: An aged raw cow’s milk cheese from cheesemaker John Loomis, with an ivory paste, thick yet slightly crumbly texture and buttery, nutty flavor with hints of citrus. 8 oz.
- Detroit Street Brick: A pasteurized goat’s milk cheese made with kid rennet and green tellicherry peppercorns and aged two weeks to develop its fluffy white-mold rind, fudgy texture and bright peppery flavor. 8 oz.
- Little Napoleon: Made from pasteurized goat’s milk, molded into rounds and aged for two weeks to develop a beautiful amber mold rind. It has a dense, creamy texture, and slightly tart, earthy flavor. Two 3-oz. rounds.
Month 2: Delivered April 8–18, 2014 (in time for Easter)
Looking Glass Cheese Collection, North Carolina
- Pack Square: A semisoft cow’s milk cheese in the style of Brie with a bloomy rind, an earthy flavor and a texture that becomes increasingly creamy as it ripens. This cheese has a warm, buttery flavor that draws from the rich, grass-fed Jersey milk from which it is made. 6 oz.
- Chocolate Lab: A hard, aged, washed-rind cow’s milk cheese finished with a rub of local dark cocoa nibs and water from a nearby spring. It has a firm but moist interior with a distinctively ridged rind that develops a dusty red color over time as it is washed in a brine solution. 12 oz.
- Ellington: An award-winning French-style semisoft goat cheese with a bloomy rind. Formed into a pyramid shape and coated with a light coating of ash before aging. 7.5 oz.
Month 3: April 29–May 9, 2014 (in time for Mother’s Day)
Beehive Cheese & Creminelli Salami Collection, Utah
- Aggiano is a grana-style cheese with a crumbly texture and flavor profile reminiscent of Parmigiano-Reggiano. 12 oz.
- Salami Casalingo, or “salami of the house,” is made in the traditional Italian style with coarse-ground pork from naturally raised heritage breed pigs; hand-selected organic spices enhance its sweetness. 5.5 oz.
- Beehive Rusks are whole-grain crackers made with dried cherries, seeds, nuts, sea salt and Utah wildflower honey, all wonderful flavors to accompany cheese. 4 oz.
- Use & Care
- Refrigerate the cheese upon receipt. It is best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from the refrigerator fan. We recommend leaving the cheese in the packaging as it comes to room temperature, to prevent oxidation, which may affect the flavor.
- Cut and set out only as much cheese as you plan to serve, returning the rest to the refrigerator.
- To experience the cheese’s full flavor, serve at room temperature. For optimal flavor and texture, bring the cheeses to room temperature for approximately 1 hour prior to serving.
- Leftover cheese is best re-wrapped in parchment or waxed paper. Plastic wrap is not recommended. It is best to consume the cheese within one to two weeks of receipt.
Zingerman’s Michigan Cheese Collection
- Great Lakes Cheshire: Raw cow’s milk, salt, natural enzymes, calf rennet.
- Detroit Street Brick: Pasteurized goat’s milk, salt, green peppercorns, natural enzymes, kid rennet.
- Little Napoleon: Pasteurized goat’s milk, salt, natural enzymes, kid rennet.
Looking Glass Collection
- Pack Square: Pasteurized cow’s milk, sea salt, cultures, rennet (vegetable).
- Chocolate Lab: Pasteurized cow’s milk, sea salt, cultures, rennet (veal), crushed coffee nibs.
- Ellington: Pasteurized goat’s milk, sea salt, cultures, rennet (veal).
Beehive Cheese & Creminelli Salami
- Barely Buzzed: Pasteurized cows milk, cheese cultures, coffee, lavender, canola oil, enzymes.
- Salami: Pork, salt, sugars, natural flavors, spices (pepper), lactic acid starter cultures, garlic, in beef casing.
- Beehive Rusks: Spelt flour, buttermilk (low fat milk, lactic acid bacteria culture, salt) pumpkin seed, dried cherries (cherries, cane sugar), pecans, brown sugar, flax seed, honey, molasses, sunflower seed, baking soda, sea salt, rosemary.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.