Three Months of American Cheese
- Online Only
Enjoy a selection of America’s best artisanal cheeses delivered right from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. The unique cheeses from New England, Califonia and Utah offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles. To complement the cheeses, month 1 includes salami and artisanal crackers and month 2 includes crackers.
- Approx. 3 lb. 12 oz. cheese total.
- Wine pairing and serving suggestions accompany the cheeses.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1: Delivered between August 5 and August 15, 2014
Beehive Cheese & Creminelli Salami Collection, Utah
- Aggiano is a grana-style cheese with a crumbly texture and flavor profile reminiscent of Parmigiano-Reggiano. 12 oz.
- Salami Casalingo, or “salami of the house,” is made in the traditional Italian style with coarse-ground pork from naturally raised heritage breed pigs; hand-selected organic spices enhance its sweetness. 5.5 oz.
- Beehive Rusks are whole-grain crackers made with dried cherries, seeds, nuts, sea salt and Utah wildflower honey, all wonderful flavors to accompany cheese. 4 oz.
Month 2: Delivered between Sept. 2 and Sept. 12, 2014
Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Collection, California
- Original Blue is a rustic-style blue cheese reminiscent of Stilton. It is known for its fudgy texture, mellow flavor and sweet, salted-caramel finish. 1 lb.
- Tangy Toma has a buttery texture and grassy notes reminiscent of the fields where the cattle graze on the California coast. 1 lb.
- Rustic Bakery sea salt crackers. 6 oz.
Month 3: Delivered between Oct. 7 and Oct. 17, 2014
Best of Cellars at Jasper Hill Collection, Vermont & New Hampshire
- Landaff is a mild cheese cave-aged 4-5 months from Landaff Creamery in New Hampshire’s White Mountains. The semi-firm cheese melts beautifully, and offers balanced, complex flavors with a bright buttermilk tang. 8 oz.
- von Trapp Oma: A soft, buttery washed-rind raw cow's milk cheese made by Dan and Sebastian von Trapp at their family farm in Waitsfield, Vermont. Pungent yet sweet, it has a soft, butter paste and robust, earthy character. 8 oz.
- Weybridge is a young cheese, aged 21 days, with a thin, mushroomy rind and bright, tangy, citric flavors. 4 oz.
- Use & Care
- Refrigerate the cheese upon receipt. It is best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from the refrigerator fan. We recommend leaving the cheese in the packaging as it comes to room temperature, to prevent oxidation, which may affect the flavor.
- Cut and set out only as much cheese as you plan to serve, returning the rest to the refrigerator.
- To experience the cheese’s full flavor, serve at room temperature. For optimal flavor and texture, bring the cheeses to room temperature for approximately 1 hour prior to serving.
- Leftover cheese is best re-wrapped in parchment or waxed paper. Plastic wrap is not recommended. It is best to consume the cheese within one to two weeks of receipt.
Month 1: Beehive Cheese & Creminelli Salami
- Barely Buzzed: Pasteurized cows milk, cheese cultures, coffee, lavender, canola oil, enzymes.
- Salami: Pork, salt, sugars, natural flavors, spices (pepper), lactic acid starter cultures, garlic, in beef casing.
- Beehive Rusks: Spelt flour, buttermilk (low fat milk, lactic acid bacteria culture, salt) pumpkin seed, dried cherries (cherries, cane sugar), pecans, brown sugar, flax seed, honey, molasses, sunflower seed, baking soda, sea salt, rosemary.
Month 2: Point Reyes Cheese Collection
- Bay Blue: Cultured raw cow’s milk, salt, enzymes, Penicillium roqueforti.
- Toma: Cultured pasteurized cow’s milk, kosher salt, enzymes (microbial).
- Rustic Bakery Sea Salt Crackers: Unbleached wheat flour, turbinado sugar, extra-virgin olive oil, salt, sel gris.
Month 3: Cellars at Jasper Hill Collection
- Landaff: Raw milk, rennet (traditional calf), salt, cultures.
- von Trapp Oma: Raw organic cow's milk, rennet (cow), cultures, salt.
- Weybridge: Oranic milk, rennet (traditional calf), salt, cultures.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.