Three Months of American Cheese
CheeseNEW Exclusive Internet Only
Enjoy a selection of America’s best artisan cheeses delivered right from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. Each month brings three unique cheeses that offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles.
- Wine-pairing and serving suggestions accompany each shipment.
- Approx. 4 lb. 7 oz. cheese total.
- Shipped chilled.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
Month 1: June 4–14 (delivered in time for Father’s Day)
Looking Glass Creamery, North Carolina
- Chocolate Lab, a washed-rind cow’s milk cheese finished with a rub of dark cocoa and chocolate stout from the Lexington Ave. Brewery; 12 oz.
- Ellington, named for famed Asheville architect Douglas Ellington, is a French-style ripened chèvre with a light ash layer; 7.5 oz.
- Pack Square, a semisoft cow’s milk cheese with a bloomy rind, an earthy flavor and a texture that softens, from firm to creamy, as it ripens; 6 oz.
Month 2: July 9–19, 2013
Nicolau Farm, California
- Capra Stanislaus, a versatile goat's milk cheese that's aged for up to three months, giving it a firm texture, creamy aroma and sweet delicate flavor with a hint of nuttiness. 8 oz.
- Quattro Pepe, a handmade goat's milk cheese whose sweet creamy flavor and firm texture are highlighted by the spicy crunch of red, green, black and white peppercorns. 8 oz.
- Bianchina, a blend of cow's milk and goat's milk creates a rich bloomy rind cheese whose toothsome texture and soft, milky flavor give it the character of a firm cream cheese. 8 oz.
Month 3: August 6–16, 2013
Zingerman’s Creamery, Michigan
- Great Lakes Cheshire, an aged raw cow’s milk cheese from cheesemaker John Loomis, with an ivory paste, thick yet slightly crumbly texture and buttery, nutty flavor with hints of citrus. 8 oz.
- Detroit Street Brick, a pasteurized goat’s milk cheese made with kid rennet and green tellicherry peppercorns and aged two weeks to develop its fluffy white-mold rind, fudgy texture and bright peppery flavor. 8 oz.
- Little Napoleon, made from pasteurized goat’s milk, molded into rounds and aged for two weeks to develop a beautiful amber mold rind. It has a dense, creamy texture, and slightly tart, earthy flavor. Two 3-oz. rounds.
- Refrigerate cheese upon receipt. It is best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from the refrigerator fan.
- Wrap leftover cheese in parchment paper (plastic wrap is not recommended).
- Consume cheese within one to two weeks of receipt.
- To experience the cheese’s full flavor, serve at room temperature.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Looking Glass Creamery
- Chocolate Lab: Pasteurized cow’s milk, sea salt, cultures, veal rennet: Rind is washed with a mix of crushed cocoa nibs and water.
- Ellington: pasteurized goat’s milk, sea salt, cultures, veal rennet.
- Pack Square: pasteurized cow’s milk, sea salt, cultures, vegetable rennet.
- Capra Stanislaus: pasteurized goat's milk, salt, veal rennet.
- Quattro Pepe: pasteurized goat's milk, salt, veal rennet, peppercorns (red, green, white and black).
- Bianchina: pasteurized cow's milk and goat's milk, salt, veal rennet.
- Great Lakes Cheshire: Raw cow’s milk, salt, natural enzymes, calf rennet.
- Detroit Street Brick: Pasteurized goat’s milk, salt, green peppercorns, natural enzymes, kid rennet.
- Little Napoleon: Pasteurized goat’s milk, salt, natural enzymes, kid rennet.