Enjoy a selection of America's best artisanal cheeses delivered directly from the dairy to your door in three monthly deliveries. The unique cheeses from California and Utah offer a generous taste of celebrated regional favorites and a fine balance of flavors, textures and styles. To complement the cheeses, month 2 includes artisanal crackers and month 3 showcases salami and crackers.
- Approx. 3 lb. 12 oz. cheese total.
- Wine pairing and serving suggestions accompany the cheeses.
- Shipped chilled.
Month 1: Delivered November 4–14, 2014 (in time for Thanksgiving)
Pennyroyal Farm Cheese Collection, California
- Boont Corners 2 Month is a goat and sheep cheese with a milky flavor, mild acidity and earthy aroma. 6 oz.
- Boont Corners Vintage contains the same goat and sheep dairy but is aged at least four months, making it firmer, sharper and tangier. 6 oz.
- Boont Corners Reserve, aged up to 11 months, is a hard cheese akin to Parmigiano Reggiano, suitable for grating. 6 oz.
Month 2: Delivered December 9–19, 2014 (in time for Christmas)
Beehive Cheese & Creminelli Salami Collection, Utah
- Aggiano is a grana-style cheese with a crumbly texture and flavor profile reminiscent of Parmigiano-Reggiano. 12 oz.
- Salami Casalingo, or "salami of the house," is made in the traditional Italian style with coarse-ground pork from naturally raised heritage breed pigs; hand-selected organic spices enhance its sweetness. 5.5 oz.
- Beehive Rusks are whole-grain crackers made with dried cherries, seeds, nuts, sea salt and Utah wildflower honey – all wonderful flavors to accompany cheese. 4 oz.
Month 3: Delivered January 6–16, 2015.
Point Reyes Farmstead Cheese Collection, California
- Original Blue is a rustic-style blue cheese reminiscent of Stilton. It is known for its fudgy texture, mellow flavor and sweet, salted-caramel finish. 1 lb.
- Tangy Toma has a buttery texture and grassy notes, reminiscent of the fields where the cattle graze on the California coast. 1 lb.
- Rustic Bakery sea salt crackers. 6 oz.