The Olive Crate
- Online Only
Among the oldest-known cultivated trees, the olive tree offers a multitude of benefits. Not only is olive oil healthy and delicious, it makes an ideal moisturizer. Our gift set includes an organic olive tree and our House Olive Oil, along with Blithe and Bonny Olive and Avocado Hand Cream, and Blithe and Bonny Exfoliating Goat’s Milk Soap.
- Our potted tree is a year-old arbequina olive, a hardy, easy-to-grow variety originating from Spain, with highly aromatic fruits that have a delicate, buttery flavor with piquant notes. (See More Info and Use & Care tabs for details.)
- Certified by the California Olive Oil Council, our unfiltered, extra-virgin olive oil is made from late-harvest arbequina olives and has a smooth, buttery flavor, with a light, peppery finish.
- The hypoallergenic hand cream incorporates the finest natural ingredients, including olive and avocado oils for healing dry hands. Free of chemicals and parabens, it features an herbal fragrance derived from essential oils of cedar, rosemary, mint and sage.
- The soap is a paraben-free blend of pure goat’s milk and natural coconut oil. Soap is hypoallergenic and paraben-free.
- Both cream and soap are handcrafted in micro batches by Blithe and Bonny, a family-run company in Santa Cruz, California, dedicated to eco-friendly practices.
- Made in USA.
- Organic Arbequina Olive Tree.
- Williams-Sonoma House Olive Oil (12.7 fl. oz).
- Blithe and Bonny Olive and Avocado Hand Cream (4 fl. oz.)
- Blithe and Bonny Exfoliating Goat's Milk Soap (6.25 oz.)
- Dimensions & More Info
- Zones 10-11.
- Easy-to-grow tree is very compact, good for planting in small spaces and can produce fruit for centuries if properly pruned.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3' high in pot; 35' high, 15' wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruits from October to February.
- Yields approx. 30–100 lb. of olives at maturity (15 years).
- Requires a cross-pollinator nearby to bear fruit.
- Approx. 1 year old, 16" high at shipping; arrives in a 4" diam. x 10" high growers pot.
- Grown in Salinas, CA.
- Hand cream base is hypoallergenic; please note that those with sensitive skin may have a slight reaction to the essential oils.
- Use & Care
- Planting: Olive trees prefer a sunny location, but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Outside, they enjoy full sun. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. If grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window, to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Water daily through hot spells and every other day in the spring and fall if left in the original pot; as needed in the winter. Water to keep the soil moist, not wet.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value.View Full Return Policy.