Arbequina Olive Crate
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Among the oldest-known cultivated trees, the olive tree offers a multitude of benefits. Not only is olive oil healthy and delicious, it makes an ideal moisturizer. Our gift set includes an organic olive tree and our House Olive Oil, along with Blithe and Bonny Olive and Avocado Hand Cream, and Blithe and Bonny Exfoliating Goat’s Milk Soap.
- Our potted tree is a year-old arbequina olive, a hardy, easy-to-grow variety originating from Spain, with highly aromatic fruits that have a delicate, buttery flavor with piquant notes. (See More Info and Use & Care tabs for details.)
- Certified by the California Olive Oil Council, our unfiltered, extra-virgin olive oil is made from late-harvest arbequina olives and has a smooth, buttery flavor, with a light, peppery finish.
- The hypoallergenic hand cream incorporates the finest natural ingredients, including olive and avocado oils for healing dry hands. Free of chemicals and parabens, it features an herbal fragrance derived from essential oils of cedar, rosemary, mint and sage.
- The soap is a paraben-free blend of pure goat’s milk and natural coconut oil. Soap is hypoallergenic and paraben-free.
- Both cream and soap are handcrafted in micro batches by Blithe and Bonny, a family-run company in Santa Cruz, California, dedicated to eco-friendly practices.
- Made in USA.
- Organic Arbequina olive tree
- Williams Sonoma House Olive Oil (12.7 fl. oz)
- Blithe and Bonny Olive and Avocado Hand Cream (4 fl. oz.)
- Blithe and Bonny Exfoliating Goat's Milk Soap (6.25 oz.)
- Dimensions & More Info
- Zones 10-11.
- Easy-to-grow tree is very compact, good for planting in small spaces and can produce fruit for centuries if properly pruned.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Tree grows 3' high in pot; 35' high, 15' wide in ground.
- Requires full sun.
- Flowers in spring and bears fruit in autumn.
- Fruits from October to February.
- Yields approx. 30–100 lb. of olives at maturity (15 years).
- Requires a cross-pollinator nearby to bear fruit.
- Approx. 1 year old, 16" high at shipping; arrives in a 4" diam. x 10" high growers pot.
- Grown in Salinas, CA.
- Hand cream base is hypoallergenic; please note that those with sensitive skin may have a slight reaction to the essential oils.
- Use & Care
Olive trees are easy to grow. Making olives or olive oil, however, requires dedication and equipment. Some gardeners will prefer the fruitless variety to get the look of olive trees without the fruit.
There are many factors to consider when selecting the planting location. Olives thrive in hot, dry summers, but also grow in coastal regions. Olives grow well in well-drained soil where winter temperatures do not drop below 22°–25°F (green fruit will be damaged at 32°F). Conversely, average winter temperatures above 50°F will inhibit fruiting. Hot dry winds can damage flowers and cause immature fruit to drop. Plant in full sun and away from paved areas to avoid stains from fallen ripe fruit. Pollinator trees will increase yields, so for serious harvest, plant more than one variety.
In California, monthly deep watering of trees is adequate, once trees are established. Because of the small tough leaves and slow transpiration rate of olive trees, they survive extended dry periods.
Many olive varieties will naturally reach 30 feet in height. Exceptions are Arbequina and Kalamata, which remain smaller. Avoid pruning during the rainy season. Olive trees will tolerate radical pruning, so it is relatively easy to keep them at the desired height. Pruning regulates fruit production and shapes the tree for easier harvest. Fruit is generally borne on the previous year's growth. Many farmers are now using a trellis system for commercial plantings.
Olive trees have fewer pests than other fruit trees. Biological control with natural enemies is preferred over conventional pesticides because olive oil will adsorb the odor of chemicals.
Olive fruit can be harvested green or later for processing for table olives. Oil can be squeezed from freshly picked crushed fruit. Both of these endeavors require equipment, time and a sizeable volume of fruit.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.
Rated 1 out of 5 by dickbartolo from Disappointing After waiting from 12/14 when this was ordered, it arrived 12/30.This was a Christmas gift from my daughter. When I shared the photo of the tree with her showing only 4 leaves , her response was omg . the tree I got looked nothing like the tree in the ad on the web site.Date published: 2016-12-31Rated 5 out of 5 by whooknows from Olive it! I love all of it! I gave this to a relative for Christmas and it was sent directly to her so, unfortunately, I didn't get to personally see it. She is a vegetarian with few needs. She called to thank us, complimenting each item. Perfect gift...so unique and useful.Date published: 2016-01-15Rated 5 out of 5 by CTHT from Great gift This was a Christmas gift this last year and I highly recommend. The olive plant is doing so well three months later, and the cream was a god send this dry winter.Date published: 2015-04-08Rated 5 out of 5 by WildernessBob from This is a terrific gift... The tree is unique, and if planted right, can live for 2,000 years (although we likely won't be around to know that). The cream is sensational, first gift my wife is already talking about reordering. Not sure about the soap,and good olive oil is always useful. Amazing gift.Date published: 2014-01-11