The Preserved Lemon Crate
- Online Only
A cross between a lemon and a sweet orange, Meyer lemons boast a sweeter, fuller, more perfumed flavor than their tarter cousins. Our gift set includes a Meyer lemon tree, lemon sea salt and lemon and citron jam. Agricultural regulations prohibit shipments to Florida and Texas.
- Our potted Meyer lemon tree can be grown and harvested on a patio or in a sunny kitchen. (See More Info and Use & Care tabs for further details.)
- The salt is made from ground, dried lemon peels blended with pure Hawaiian sea salt. Use it on vegetables or for preserving fruit from the included Meyer lemon tree.
- Made with locally grown, seasonal fruit, the Lemon & Citron Jam offers a sweet-tart balance ideal for pairing with fresh cheeses. It is handcrafted in the French tradition, with small batches made in traditional copper kettles.
- A Weck jar is the ideal receptacle for making preserved lemons. The rubber-ringed, steel-clamped glass lids create an air-tight seal.
- Salt and jam are made by Lemon Bird, a California-based company specializing in artisanal preserves.
- Jar is made in Germany.
- Meyer Lemon Tree.
- Lemon Bird Sea Salt (2 oz.).
- Lemon Bird Lemon & Citron Jam (6 oz.).
- Weck jar (19.6-oz. cap.).
- Dimensions & More Info
- Zones 8–11.
- White flowers have a delicate tropical fragrance.
- Dwarf tree grows 4'–5' high.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires bright light; a location that provides either morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal.
- Fruits from spring to late summer.
- Fruit maturity: 2–3 years.
- Grown in California.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment of citrus to AZ, FL, HI and TX.
- Use & Care
- Trees are approx. 1 year old, 12"-16" high, trunk 1/3" diam. at shipping; arrives in a 4" diam. x 10" high growers pot.
- Self-pollinator; does not require another fruit tree nearby to bear fruit.
- Planting: Citrus grows best between 55°F and 85°F. Indoor temperatures averaging 65°F are conducive to growth if light is adequate. Expose your tree to light that is as bright as possible but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Citrus like 6 to 12 hours of sunlight a day. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. When grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window, to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Continue to water as needed to keep the soil moist but not wet. Watering frequency varies with location; tree size and climate and should be monitored and changed as local conditions change.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.