The Honey Crate
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
Red Bee Honey handcrafts single-source artisanal honey at its apiary in southern Connecticut. The company likens its honey to fine wine, believing that each batch has a unique flavor profile linked directly to the land where it was produced. Like fine wine, each varietal of Red Bee honey is available only for a limited time in a limited supply. Our gift set includes Red Bee orange blossom honey, Red Bee honeycomb and a Washington navel orange tree. Agricultural regulations prohibit shipments to Florida and Texas.
- The honey, harvested from orange groves in Florida, is great on its own, as a glaze or in cranberry sauce.
- Delicate in flavor with a rustic texture, the honeycomb is entirely edible and pairs well with toast and artisanal cheese.
- Our potted orange tree can be grown and harvested on a patio or in a sunny kitchen. (See More Info and Use & Care tabs for further details.)
- Made in USA.
- 16-oz. Red Bee Orange Blossom Honey.
- 16-oz. Red Bee Honeycomb.
- Washington Navel Orange tree.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Zones 8–11.
- Dwarf tree grows 4'–5' high.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Requires bright light; a location that provides either morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal.
- Fruits from spring to late summer.
- Fruit maturity: 2–3 years.
- Grown in California.
- Agricultural regulations prohibit shipment of citrus to AZ, FL, HI and TX.
- Use & Care
- Trees are approx. 1 year old, 12"-16" high, 1/3" diam. trunk; arrives in a 4" diam. x 10" high growers pot.
- Within a month of delivery, it is best to re-pot into a larger container (8"-10" diam.) to give the roots more room to grow.
- Self-pollinator; does not require another fruit tree nearby to bear fruit.
- Planting: Citrus grows best between 55°F and 85°F. Indoor temperatures averaging 65°F are conducive to growth if light is adequate. Expose your tree to light that is as bright as possible but avoid excess heat, as this will dry out the soil too quickly. Citrus like 6 to 12 hours of sunlight a day. A location that provides morning sun or filtered light throughout the day is ideal. When grown indoors, the tree should be kept at least 24" from the window, to avoid leaf burn.
- Watering: Water the tree as soon as you receive it. Continue to water as needed to keep the soil moist but not wet. Watering frequency varies with location; tree size and climate and should be monitored and changed as local conditions change.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.