Technivorm Moccamaster Automatic Drip Stop Coffee Maker with Thermal Carafe
The award-winning Moccamaster coffeemaker perfectly synchronizes brew time, grind and temperature to brew world-class coffee in about six minutes. And thanks to an automatic drip-stop feature, it's easy to grab a quick cup before the cycle completes. Hand made and individually tested in the Netherlands, this legendary European machine brews directly into an insulated steel carafe, so coffee stays fresh and piping hot.
- This precision machine quietly brews one of the world's finest pots of coffee in just 4 to 6 minutes.
- Operation couldn't be simpler–just fill the brew basket, add water and press the power switch.
- Automatic drip-stop temporarily stops the machine so you can pour a cup before the brewing cycle is finished.
- Special copper heating element keeps water temperature at a consistent 200°F throughout brewing for optimal flavor and less bitterness.
- An innovative 9-hole spray arm disperses the water over the entire grind for a remarkably even soak prior to extraction.
- Copper lining along the spray arm keeps the water temperature consistent throughout the wetting stage.
- To ensure a precise coffee/water contact time, a cone-shaped brew basket funnels the grind to the perfect bed depth.
- Insulated stainless-steel carafe has a Brew-Thru lid that's scientifically designed to minimize heat loss and maintain perfect temperature during brewing.
- The thermal carafe also includes a convenient travel lid for superb coffee on the go.
- To avoid oil and residue build up, several parts are removable for cleaning, ensuring great-tasting coffee every time.
- Illuminated power button is easy to see in the dark.
- BPA free.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Model: KBGT741
- 13" x 6 3/4" x 15" high.
- This product is intended for use in the United States and Canada and is built to United States electrical standards.
- Made in Netherlands.
- Use & Care
- For use with #4 paper filters.
- Clean the brewer regularly with a moist cloth and wipe dry.
- After each use, hand wash the carafe and brew-basket with mild detergent. Rinse thoroughly. Carafe is not dishwasher safe.
- Thermal carafe coffee oil stains may be removed by placing a small amount of dishwasher detergent and water in carafe and allowing it to soak overnight—or we recommend using Cleancaf® by Urnex®.
- Do not submerge brewer in liquid.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by VigII from 3 Year Owner Review-Excelent! Always excellent brew that holds for hours at the right temperature. I can only guess quality complaints weren't the norm; I & my son’s family have had none in three years of daily use w/2 units. A great machine for those that just want coffee or performing the Gold Cup method for each pot. Stop reading here or read on for my Gold Cup impression. I’m a coffee fanatic and do Gold Cup steps each brew. Before each pot, I run 250 mLs of water through the system. This does 3 things; warms the boiler, rinses the filter paper simultaneously warming the filter housing, and preheats the thermal carafe. Not necessary but the effort pays off yielding a consistently top notch cup. The thermal stability of the Technivorm Mochamaster make the repeatability possible. The simplicity of the design allows one to interact with the brewing if you want to adhere to Gold Cup methodology. It’s THE machine if you need to make that perfect tasting dark aromatic emulsion many of us want throughout the day.Date published: 2016-11-06Rated 1 out of 5 by mmcr from Poor design and poor quality This coffee maker is very badly designed with too many separate parts that are cheaply made and a pain to fit together every time you want to use it. Then once the coffee is made and you want to pour it in a cup, it spills everywhere because it doesn't even have a spout for pouring. The coffee tastes good, but it uses a lot more ground coffee than my older coffee maker to make an equal amount of brewed coffee and keeps it hot for a far shorter period of time. It is poorly designed with flimsy lightweight material. It is such a disappointment that I am throwing it out and replacing it with another brand after having it for a relatively short time.Date published: 2016-09-09Rated 4 out of 5 by 4RGS from Warmer but not hot Purchased this coffeemaker to get a hotter cup of coffee. Technivorm (with thermal carafe) does brew a somewhat hotter cup, but not significantly so. Coffee is hotter, overall experience marginally better, but at cost of about 5 times what a replacement would cost. Summary, brews fast and hot(er), but a bit pricey for the additional value delivered.Date published: 2015-11-26Rated 2 out of 5 by LuigiFacotti from Best coffee ever - but flimsy build Without doubt - this machine made the very best coffee I've had at home. Hot, not bitter and just great tasting. BUT This is a flimsily built machine - I had two that I returned. The first would not work properly because the two little plastic pins that hold the brew basket down were broken when it arrived they were floating in the bottom of the box. I was able to make great coffee while I waited for the WS replacement using a meat macerator to hold the basket down. The new machine arrived - it was ultra carefully unpacked - and one of the tabs was broken off - straight out of the box and the piece was nowhere in the box. Enough already. And the design issues - the space between the brew basket and carafe which apppears to be designed for maximal heat loss and the "base" to align the carafe - flimsy plastic - the box the machine came in was sturdier. Great concept, poor design and lousy build and QC. $10 to install stronger tabs and a proper support for the carafe?Date published: 2015-07-06Rated 5 out of 5 by Mcgrele from For serious coffee drinkers After extensive research, pondering and assistance from a WS salesperson who owns a Technivorm I took the leap to purchase this coffee maker. It was the best decision. But it did require my purchasing a better coffee grinder after 3 days using my old Cuisinart. (bought the Breville Pro) Without perfectly ground beans, this machine's value is lost. Now my coffee is hot and brewed to perfection. My husband and I love the coffee from his pot.Date published: 2015-03-25Rated 2 out of 5 by loveshotcoffee from Great coffeemaker, bad thermal carafe This makes really good coffee. Unfortunately it doesn't do the very thing I bought it for--keep coffee hot. The thermal carafe just isn't insulated properly. In fact, when I rinse it with hot water prior to pouring hot coffee into it, I can feel the heat on the outside of the carafe. So the husband who wakes up an hour later than I do is treated to warm coffee and has to microwave it or make more himself. Disappointed.Date published: 2015-03-20Rated 5 out of 5 by HappyCookofHugo from Great Coffee, Finally! I love this coffee maker! It makes a consistently great cup of coffee. Optimal temperature and water disburses evenly over grounds.Date published: 2014-09-05Rated 5 out of 5 by Sachab from Best coffee pot ever This is the absolute best coffee maker we have ever used. The brew is always delicious and smooth-and in a few minutes!Date published: 2014-01-26