Tacolicious Shot & A Beer Chicken
- Online Only
Bring home authentic south-of-the-border fun and flavors by inviting friends over for a Mexican-style taco bar. It's easy with our time-saving entrée of tender, succulent chicken slow-simmered in a rich, savory sauce from Tacolicious—a popular San Francisco taqueria inspired by the world-class restaurants of Mexico City. The premium boneless chicken thighs are first marinated and seared to seal in juices and flavor, then braised sous vide with a rich, savory sauce made with a spirited combo of Texan beer and tequila with a touch of habanero pepper for a spicy kick. Fully cooked and fork tender, the chicken arrives ready to heat and serve with tortillas and salsa, if desired.
- 3 lb. (serves 12).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The chicken thighs and sauce were shipped to you in vacuum-sealed pouches frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, place the pouches, unopened, in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 1 year, or thaw and use within 14 days. Once opened, the chicken will keep 3 days, refrigerated.
- If frozen, thaw the unopened pouches overnight in the refrigerator, or run under cold water until fluid, then follow heating instructions.
Heating Instructions (from thawed)
- Fill large saucepot with 1 gallon of water and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to a light simmer (water is simmering when small bubbles are forming; make sure the water is not boiling) and place unopened package of chicken thighs and sauce pouch into water.
- Maintain a low simmer and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- Remove package from water and let it rest, unopened, for 3 minutes.
- Carefully cut open and place chicken thighs and sauce in serving dish.
- Place chicken thighs and sauce pouch in the microwave safe tray and pierce 6–7 times. Place in the center of the microwave and heat on HIGH for 12–15 minutes.
- Allow package to rest for 3 minutes.
- Remove dish from microwave, open pouch and slide contents into a serving dish.
Conventional Oven Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open chicken and sauce pouch, place meat onto an oven-safe baking dish with juices. Cover with aluminum foil and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and return to oven for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Chicken Thigh [Chicken Thigh, Canola Oil, Sea Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper], Shot and a Beer Braising Sauce [Shot and a Beer Braising Sauce [Tomato (Tomato, Tomato Juice, Calcium Chloride, Citric Acid), Filtered Water, Onion, Bock Beer, Ancho Chile, Garlic, Salt, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Chipotle Chile (Chipotles, Water, Tomato Paste, Vinegar, Salt, Sugar, Garlic, Soybean Oil), Tequila, Spices (Cumin, Mexican Oregano), Habanero Chile, Distilled White Vinegar, Citric Acid], Water, Food Starch-Modified]
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Tacolicious Guajillo Chile Braised Short Ribs
- Online Only