Tacolicious Mole Rojo Chicken
- Online Only
Bring home authentic south-of-the-border fun and flavors by inviting friends over for a Mexican-style taco bar. It's easy with our time-saving entrée of tender, succulent chicken slow-simmered in a classic red mole sauce from Tacolicious —a popular San Francisco taqueria inspired by the world-class restaurants of Mexico City. The premium chicken thighs are first marinated and seared to seal in juices and flavor, then braised sous vide with a mole sauce prepared with chiles, spices, nuts and seeds artfully blended with fire-roasted tomatoes, onions and a hint of Mexican chocolate. Fully cooked and fork tender, the chicken arrives ready to heat and serve with tortillas and salsa, if desired.
- 3 lb. (serves 12).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The chicken thighs and sauce were shipped to you in vacuum-sealed pouches frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, place the pouches, unopened, in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 1 year, or thaw and use within 14 days. Once opened, the chicken will keep 3 days, refrigerated
- If frozen, thaw the unopened pouches overnight in the refrigerator, or run under cold water until fluid, then follow heating instructions.
Heating Instructions (from thawed)
- Fill large saucepot with 1 gallon of water and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to a light simmer (water is simmering when small bubbles are forming; make sure the water is not boiling) and place unopened package of chicken thighs and sauce pouch into water.
- Maintain a low simmer and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- Remove package from water and let it rest, unopened, for 3 minutes.
- Carefully cut open and place chicken thighs and sauce in serving dish.
- Place chicken thighs and sauce pouch in the microwave safe tray and pierce 6–7 times. Place in the center of the microwave and heat on HIGH for 12–15 minutes.
- Allow package to rest for 3 minutes.
- Remove dish from microwave, open pouch and slide chicken and sauce onto a serving dish.
Conventional Oven Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open chicken and sauce pouch, place meat onto an oven-safe baking dish with juices. Cover with aluminum foil and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and return to oven for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Chicken Thigh [Chicken Thigh, Canola Oil, Sea Salt, Sugar, Black Pepper], Mole Sauce [Mole Sauce [Filtered Water, Roasted Tomato, Red Chile Blend (Ancho, Pasilla, Guajillo, Mulato, Morita, Chipotle), Dark Brown Sugar (Sugar, Molasses), Mexican Chocolate (Sugar, Cocoa Liquor, Vegetable Fat, Soy Lecithin, Cinnamon Flavor), Roasted Onion, Natural White Bread (Enriched Wheat Flour [Wheat Flour, Malted Barley Flour, Niacin, Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, Folic Acid], Filtered Water, Organic Sugar, Yeast, Sunflower Oil, Crystalline Corn Fructose, Salt, Soy Lecithin, Barley Malt Powder, Calcium Carbonate, Cultured Wheat Starch, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Vinegar, Enzyme Blend [Wheat Flour, Dextrose, Natural Enzymes], Ascorbic Acid), Natural Flavor (Water, Hydrolyzed Yeast, Natural Flavor, Lactic Acid), Toasted Almond, Salt, Peanut, Toasted Pumpkin Seed, Evaporated Cane Sugar, Roasted Garlic, Mexican Cinnamon, Allspice, Star Anise, Cloves], Water, Food Starch-Modified].
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Tacolicious Guajillo Chile Braised Short Ribs
- Online Only
Tacolicious Shot & A Beer Chicken
- Online Only
Tacolicious Taco Bar Sampler
- Online Only