Tacolicious Guajillo Chile Braised Short Ribs
- Online Only
Bring home authentic south-of-the-border fun and flavors by inviting friends over for a Mexican-style taco bar. It's easy with this time-saving entrée of meltingly tender short ribs slow-simmered in a savory, handcrafted chile sauce from Tacolicious—a popular San Francisco taqueria inspired by the world-class restaurants of Mexico City. The premium boneless short rib cubes are marinated and then seared to seal in juices and impart rich caramelized flavor. The next step is braising the meat sous vide with guajillo, morita and ancho chiles as well as Texan bock beer, caramelized onions and spices. Fully cooked and fork tender, the short ribs arrive ready to heat and serve with tortillas and salsa, if desired.
- 3 lb. (serves 12).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- The braised ribs were shipped in vacuum-sealed pouches frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, place the pouch of ribs, unopened, in the freezer, where they will keep for up to 1 year, or thaw and use within 14 days. Once opened, the ribs will keep 3 days, refrigerated.
- If frozen, thaw the unopened pouches overnight in the refrigerator, or run under cold water until fluid, then follow heating instructions.
Heating Instructions (from thawed)
- Fill large saucepot with 1 gallon of water and bring to boil.
- Turn heat down to a light simmer (water is simmering when small bubbles are forming; make sure the water is not boiling) and place unopened pouch of ribs and sauce into water.
- Maintain a low simmer and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- Remove package from water and let it rest, unopened, for 3 minutes.
- Carefully cut open and place ribs and sauce in serving dish.
- Place ribs and sauce pouch in the microwave safe tray and pierce 6–7 times. Place in the center of the microwave and heat on HIGH for 12–15 minutes.
- Allow package to rest for 3 minutes.
- Remove dish from microwave, open pouch and slide chicken and sauce onto a serving dish.
Conventional Oven Directions:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Open ribs and sauce pouch, place meat onto an oven-safe baking dish with juices. Cover with aluminum foil and reheat for 30–35 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove aluminum foil and return to oven for 8 minutes.
- After 8 minutes, remove from oven and let rest for 2 minutes.
- Beef [Beef, Sea Salt, Canola Oil, Black Pepper, Sugar], Guajillo Chile Braising Sauce [Guajillo Chille Braising Sauce [Onion, Filtered Water, Bock Beer, Red Chile Blend (Ancho, Guajillo, Morita), Garlic, Expeller-Pressed Canola Oil, Salt, Spices (Cumin, Black Pepper, Mexican Oregano), Evaporated Cane Sugar, Citric Acid], Water, Stabilizer [Modified Food Starch (Corn), Xanthan Gum, Guar Gum, and Mono & Diglycerides].
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Also in this Collection
Tacolicious Shot & A Beer Chicken
- Online Only