Sticky Toffee Pudding
Made according to an old recipe from a family in England's Lake District, this much-loved, luscious dessert is pure poetry. The "pudding" is actually a light, moist sponge cake enriched with sweet dates and drenched with sticky toffee—a rich, buttery caramel sauce. To serve, pour the included sauce over the uncut cake and allow to steep, then heat and enjoy.
- 1-lb. 2-oz. sheet pudding ; 12 oz. sticky toffee sauce.
- Serves 4–6.
- Shipped fresh.
- Use & Care
- The pudding is shipped at room temperature; refrigerate or freeze upon receipt. It keeps 1 month refrigerated, unopened, 6 months frozen. The sticky toffee sauce keeps 8 months at room temperature, unopened. Refrigerate the sauce after opening, where it will keep for 10 weeks. The sauce may separate if kept for an extended period of time; simply stir before using.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat, warm the sticky toffee sauce, stirring constantly, until warmed through, 2–3 minutes. Remove the cardboard foil lid from the pudding container and pour the sauce over the pudding. For best results, do this 1–2 days in advance to allow the pudding to fully absorb the sauce. After pouring on the sauce, carefully replace the lid on the pudding container and refrigerate.
- To Heat in the Oven: To heat the entire pudding, preheat an oven to 350°F. Place the sauce-soaked pudding, still in its container, on a baking sheet and heat until warmed through, 10–12 minutes. Cut the pudding into 4–6 slices, transfer to individual dessert plates and spoon the remaining sauce over the slices. To heat individual portions, preheat an oven to 200ºF. Place the slices in an ovenproof dish and heat until the sauce pools around the cake, about 6 minutes.
- To Heat in the Microwave: Place slices of cold sauce-soaked pudding on individual dessert plates. Heat at 20-second intervals until the sauce coats the pudding and pools on the plate, about 40 seconds for one-sixth of the cake. If desired, top slices of pudding with vanilla ice cream or freshly whipped cream and garnish with fresh mint sprigs. Serves 4–6.
- sugar, dates (dates, dextrose), enriched unbleached flour (wheat flour niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), whole eggs, butter (pasteurized cream, salt), cream (cream, carrageenan), pure vanilla extract, baking soda, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, potato starch)
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.