Staub Cast-Iron Round Wide Cocotte, 6-Qt.
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Pairing an extra-wide surface with sides high enough to contain liquids for braising, this oven is ideal for roasting meat and slow cooking stew.
- 6-qt. cap.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface for better browning.
- Whimsical "cochon" knob is made of stainless steel.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 12 1/2" diam., 6" high.
- 6-qt. cap.
- 17 lb.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region’s traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CookMyWay from Favorite oven roasting pot I love this pot! It's perfect for browning on top of stove then finishing the dish in the oven. It's not only functional but attractive as well. Because of the weight I leave it out on the stove top so I don't have to store it. I have it in Sapphire blue and love the color. Staub makes a wonderful product.Date published: 2016-03-22Rated 5 out of 5 by AZCookingDiva from STAUB Round Wide I just counted! I now own 13 Staub pieces in my Staub collection (addiction). I love every one of them and sold off all my Le Crueset pieces in favor of Staub. Did not like the light color interiors of LC and the lighter weight of LC. This cookware is amazing! I own both the 4 qt and the 6 qt versions of this particular piece. For those of you that are storage space challenged, Enclume makes an 8 tier hammered steel pot stand that will hold all your Staub cookware in one 20" x20" space. Well in my case, not all. I do nest my oval au gratin dishes on the pot stand, but they are designed to nest together. The Colbalt Blue is my very favorite color, it's gorgeous!Date published: 2016-03-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Dominick from Love Love Love this stuff I bought this for my husband for Christmas and he never stops using it. Its great for soups and sauces. I did a small roast in it the other day. It is self seasoning and only gets better with use. The Self Basting Lids are tried and true and work perfectly. Staub is much more functional and usable than LC. I was never a fan of the enameled interior that LC has. They are more run of the mill than Staub. Most people have no idea who or what Staub is. I have quite a few pieces and have just added more with the After Christmas Sales. Only problem I face is adequate storage space because I don't stack.Date published: 2016-01-13Rated 5 out of 5 by IloveNY4ever from Beautiful, functional cocotte! Love, love, love Staub. And the cochon finial is a nice, sturdy handle. Bought it in basil, a rich, dark green. The pictures don't do it justice. Very convenient that I can brown, then slow cook in the oven. One pot meals work for me - especially when the results are perfection. Wonderful bonuses that it looks so good on the table and that it keeps the food hot. Great addition to my multi-color Staub cookware collection.Date published: 2015-10-22Rated 4 out of 5 by Jobelle from Red is Really Brown I received this dutch oven and the color was wrong, which is why I'm only giving it 4 stars. It's really brown and not red, though the picture and description are red. I'm so disappointed!! Other than the color issue, it's a very heavy and a very well made cocotte. I'm heartbroken that I have to return it! I was hoping to exchange it for a different color but all of the Staub colors are too dark for my kitchen. If their colors work for you, this is a really beautiful and well made dutch oven.Date published: 2015-05-23Rated 5 out of 5 by OkieInColorado from I'm in Love! I have several Le Creuset dutch ovens in different sizes and colors. I was about to buy another and decided to go with the Staub 6 qt. this time. Best decision I have ever made. The color and design is incredible, the inside is black instead of white. This really cooks evenly and the cleanup is easier than Le Creuset. Don't get me wrong, I love my LC, but this Staub is my new favorite. I have a 3 1/2qt LC, a 7qt LC, and a 10 and 13 LC. I think I'm set with my sizes now. I highly recommend this product.Date published: 2015-04-21Rated 4 out of 5 by SusieQMel from Weighs a Ton Difficult to store. Weighs a ton. But I love, love, love it!!!!!!Date published: 2015-02-12Rated 5 out of 5 by jennit from go to pot in the kitchen I recvd this for christmas . what a wonderful gift from hubby. It is the best item and most beautiful in the kitchen. I call it the wonder pot. It creates wonderful one pot meals. Looks gorgeous hanging on the above coubterr pot rack too.Date published: 2015-01-13