Staub Cast-Iron Round Tea Kettle
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. In a beautiful stovetop-to-table design, this enameled cast-iron kettle heats liquids slowly and keeps them warm long after it's removed from heat.
- 1-qt. cap.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Multicoat enameling creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Interior won't absorb flavors or odors.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/4" diam., 4" high.
- 1-qt. cap.
- 5 lb.
- Compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Multifunctional design makes the kettle equally adept at warming milk, cider, mulled wine or even soup.
- Enameled interior won't absorb their flavors or odors.
- Metal handles flip up to lock the lid in place for safe pouring.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 4 out of 5 by SuzanneNYC from Perfect little teapot Very cute little teapot...boils water very fast I only wish it did have a whistle as it's wonderful until of course you forget it ha! I purchased the snail knob to add a little charm to it.Date published: 2016-06-30Rated 5 out of 5 by Laurienda from Lovely teapot I've used my Staub round teapot for several years. It keeps tea warm for such a long time and visually is a delight. I drain and dry it each time I use it--I do not let water sit in it because I was using it in a city with hard water. It looks like new. The tea strainer is very nice, too. I've not had any problems with the appearance or durability of this item. Top quality in performance.Date published: 2016-06-15Rated 5 out of 5 by BetteDavisEyes from beautiful tea kettle I bought this kettle because it was so beautiful, but primarily because of its enamel interior. I have discarded so many kettles because they develop spots inside which are impossible to clean. I just don't feel safe boiling and drinking water from them, so out they go. It's easy to clean the interior of this kettle, and I do so just about every time I use it, so I feel much better about the tea I'm drinking. Mine is basil, which is a beautiful, rich shade. I also love its petite size. I store it on a windowsill when not in use. I wish it had a whistle, but I've learned to watch more carefully without one.Date published: 2016-06-06Rated 5 out of 5 by SusieK1026 from Best tea kettle Not only is this kettle beautiful, but it works great. Best kettle ever!Date published: 2016-05-23Rated 1 out of 5 by yv2011 from Rust Spots I had this tea kettle for less than a year, and noticed it had developed rusty spots. For the price I expected better quality and definitely should last longer. Very disappointed, will not buy this brand again.Date published: 2016-05-12Rated 5 out of 5 by JordanK from Best Tea Kettle I LOVE this tea kettle! Not only is it non-toxic and made ethically, it is simply stunning, and very easy to clean. I enjoy it immensely.Date published: 2016-05-05Rated 4 out of 5 by teatalizing from Great little Tea Kettle This is a beautiful tea kettle perfect for 1-2 people. I primarily use this teapot for making decoctions and more medicinal teas that require boiling more so than steeping. I generally use the Breville One Touch for fruit black, matcha, roibos and whites or boiling water. Obviously, the Staub Tea Kettle could do this as well. I do occasionally make rose tea in this kettle. The presentation for stove to table is seamless. I only wish it had a whistle. Naturally, the lid gets hot, but primarily with long heating times (decoctions) more so than regular brewing times..Date published: 2016-02-20Rated 5 out of 5 by IloveNY4ever from love at first sight! I'm in love with a graphite tea kettle. It is so beautiful - rich color, elegant lines. I'd debated about a bright color - have the red tomato, burnt orange pumpkin, and grenadine coq au vin - and about the black - have the vegetable cocotte in black - but I kept coming back to the graphite. I am so glad I did!! It looks small, but it makes enough hot water for our 4-cup drip coffee pot. And I think it's functional size is equivalent to a much larger (whistling..) kettle we've used for years. And clean up is a snap with the large lid that comes off completely. I get a zen tranquility from looking at it, which is a good thing. I've been a Le Creuset fan for years, but Staub is making a definite inroad in my kitchen.Date published: 2015-06-02