Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte
Special Offer: With the purchase of a Staub Cast Iron oven, braiser or sauce pan of $200 or more, receive your choice of Staub Finial via mail in coupon through 7/31/2017. Print Coupon
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Heavy lids to seal in moisture paired with heat-retaining cast iron make this oven ideal for slow cooking homemade chili or a hearty stew.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature multicoat enameling to create a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a textured surface that results in better browning.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 2 3/4-Quart: 8 1/4" diam., 3 3/4" high; 9 lb. with lid.
- 4-Quart: 9 1/2" diam., 4 1/2" high; 10 lb. 8 oz. with lid.
- 5 1/2-Quart: 10" diam., 4 1/2" high; 12 lb. with lid.
- 7-Quart: 11" diam., 5 1/4" high; 15 lb. 15 oz. with lid.
- 9-Quart: 12" diam., 5 1/2" high; 17 lb. 5 oz. with lid.
- 13 1/4-Quart: 13 1/2" diam., 6 1/2" high; 22 lb. 10 oz. with lid.
- Smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
Rated 1 out of 5 by Maria from The enamel coating come off I bought a Staub Cast-Iron Round Cocotte a couple months ago, the enamel coating has come off. In the beginning I thought it was food sticking to the pot, but it came off more and more, so I realize it was the enamel coating which come off.Date published: 2017-02-22Rated 5 out of 5 by alexgal from BEST PURCHASE EVER I am truly in love with this pot - versatile, makes amazing dishes, and very easy to clean/store. The color - grenadine is my favorite, not as bright and too flashy, as LC. After I purchased this pot, I literally had to buy a matching fry pan. Simply in love with them, and recommend to anyone!Date published: 2017-02-20Rated 5 out of 5 by LaurieWM from What a jewel in any kitchen's crown! I bought my 5 qt Basil Staub Cocotte on sale before the holidays. This beautiful pot is an absolute delight to use, magnificent on stove top and in the oven, and is such a visual delight I can't wait to use it again! Love this brand and will definitely buy more!Date published: 2017-01-16Rated 1 out of 5 by Stephanie83 from Disappointing Quality I had ordered the Royal Blue 4 Qt pot. I followed the instructions that came with the package strictly about oiling the pot and heating at low heat prior to first use. The first time I used it, the enamel on the rim of the cocotte and the part of the cover that touches the rim started peeling off. I figured that I just received a lemon and had it replaced. The replacement arrived today and the enamel around the rim and cover were peeling off. I haven't even removed it from the box yet. This is going back. I am disappointed with the brand. I had such high hopes for it and wanted to buy more pieces but changed my mind. If the enamel peels off so easily, I would not like to risk cooking food in it.Date published: 2017-01-12Rated 5 out of 5 by Brightbluesky1 from True quality cookware I'm in heaven! This is how much I love my gorgeous new Staub Cocotte Dutch Oven. Absolutely worth the money. I will put this to great use and plan on passing this down to my daughter as she gets older. Highest quality pot out there! Excellent find. The Basil color is a perfect match for me. Love the deep yet fresh basil color. I need a frying pan in the same color! You will not regret this cookware.Date published: 2017-01-04Rated 5 out of 5 by Christine74 from LOVE STAUB! Having never owned quality cookware, I now fully appreciate how incredible it can be to cook! I bought the set of 7 pieces which was lovely but I felt rather large & impractical for my family. So I decided to purchase the Staub pots I knew I'd use every day individually, plus I could mix and match colors! So I wound up with this pot here (4 quart) in blue, then the grey (3 quart) tall pot with handle, then another (2-3/4 quart) in grenadine, and finally the adorable rice pot (1.5 quart I think) in blue (great for Mac & cheese btw!) So save your pennies and get these pots if you can. Your cooking will improve and you'll find clean up is a breeze and fun! They shine up so lovely. It's a purchase I was reluctant to make but so glad I did!Date published: 2016-12-01Rated 5 out of 5 by PeatMoss from The Bomb Brisket! I must admit I own several Le Cruset products and I enjoy cooking with them. I was in need of a larger pot and was going to purchase another Le Cruse but after reading the excellent reviews for Staub I was curious. I fell in love with the warm colors and chose to purchase the 7 quart round in gorgeous Grenadine. WOW! I prepared brisket in my new pot and it was a tremendous hit! Can't wait to make stewed chicken. Be advised that this cookware is heavy! The one I purchased is 15 lbs. Will definitely purchase additional pieces.Date published: 2016-11-25Rated 5 out of 5 by Stlouis2016 from Gorgeous color, excellent performance I have the 5.5qt in graphite. Great starter size for me and my husband. Would like to upgrade to a 7qt at some point. The reason I strongly prefer Staub over Le Creuset is the interior color. The black color on this keeps this puppy looking like new. People complain that the dark color prevents you from seeing into the pot. I disagree. Use a stovetop light or oven light, folks! I use it, clean it as directed, then give it a quick scrub with barkeepers friend, and it always ends up looking new. Love it!Date published: 2016-11-14