Staub Cast-Iron Oval Gratin Baking Dish
Perfect for baking hearty gratins, casseroles and apple crisps, this cast-iron French favorite is adept at coaxing crispy brown crusts or toppings. Its rich enameled finish and elegant design allow it to travel straight from oven to table.
- Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald color selections feature glossy multi-coat enameling that ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Matte Black selection features multi-coat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 9" baker: 9 1/2” x 7” x 1 3/4” high; 3 lb. 3 oz.; 1-qt cap.
- 11" baker: 11” x 8” x 2” high; 4 lb.; 1 1/4-qt. cap.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher Safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.