Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. This traditional French pot, with its sculptured rooster handle, is the ideal size and shape for braising a chicken to tender perfection.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Color selections feature a multicoat enameling, which creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramics.
- Matte Black selection features multicoat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil, Graphite and Emerald pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Includes both nickel-plated rooster handle and standard knob.
- Made in France.