Staub Cast-Iron Mini Round Cocotte Set, 1/4-Qt.
Special Offer: With the purchase of a Staub Cast Iron oven, braiser or sauce pan of $200 or more, receive your choice of Staub Finial via mail in coupon through 7/31/2017. Print Coupon
Staub's innovative enamel coating takes cast-iron cooking to the next level with improved performance, style and durability. Bring single servings of beans, macaroni and cheese and fruit cobblers directly from the oven to the table in these mini cocottes.
- Set of three 8-oz.-cap. cocottes.
- Basil, Grenadine and Graphite color selections feature multicoat enameling that creates a glossy, vibrantly colored "majolique" finish that resembles fine ceramic.
- Matte Black selection features multicoat enameling with low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- Specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Lid knob on Red, Sapphire Blue, Basil and Graphite pieces is made of nickel-plated brass; lid knob on Black Matte is brass.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 1/2" diam., 1 3/4" high.
- 8-oz. cap.
- 1 lb. 9 oz. with lid.
- Smooth enameled base compatible with all cooktops, including induction.
- Dozens of precisely placed bumps on the lid's interior funnel evaporated juices directly back down on top of the food for more even basting.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring pans slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 5 out of 5 by melesine from Wonderful and versatile Great for so many things. Melting butter, keeping sauces warm, individual servings of everything from pot pies to bread pudding. Clean up is a breeze and love having a lid.Date published: 2016-06-05Rated 5 out of 5 by ChezBozzy from Love these so much! I've had my cocettes for a couple of years now, and love them each time I use them. At first I was daunted by their small size, but a serving of boeuf bourginon (search out the old Williams-Sonoma recipe for this on Google; outstanding!) was really the right size. Added to the ambience of our fireside dinner that night!Date published: 2015-09-10Rated 5 out of 5 by PhillieFilly from BUY THESE COCOTTES! I purchased these over 2 years ago and love them! I purchased these in gray and had a difficult time choosing between the gray and the blue. You can't go wrong with either color. Every time I serve in these cocottes, people comment on them so positively! They are gorgeous and so well made; I agree with another reviewer that they are "just too cute" but they are also very sophisticated. I have used them for various deserts, soups, individual sweet and savory bread puddings and also to make coddled eggs (two at a time). I even used them to serve french fries "straight up". They heat evenly and foods cooked or baked in them will hold heat after taken off the stovetop or oven. I have seen these used at French Laundry and other restaurants both in the U.S. and France. You will have these for a lifetime plus.... something to hand down to the next generation. You will not regret purchasing these cocottes as they are so versatile and so well made.Date published: 2013-09-19Rated 5 out of 5 by FloridaMom from High Quality Love these!! Cooking using these is perfect. They heat evenly....Date published: 2012-12-29Rated 2 out of 5 by WFDDeac from Not as advertised The color I ordered was black enamel. What I received was an over-sprayed, teal-colored enameled set, as evident by the bottom of the pots. Out of the box, it looked to have been spray-painted; certainly, it did not have the glossy enameled appearance. I returned them for credit.Date published: 2012-07-18Rated 5 out of 5 by MarylandSharon from Wonderful and easy Christmas morning breakfast I used these mini rounds to make "Oeufs En Cocotte." Easy, delicious and the presentation in the individual pots was gorgeous. I sauteed some mushrooms and made a little spinach the night before. Christmas morning, I buttered each dish, put two tbsp of heavy cream on the bottom, added the mushrooms and some spinach (and a little chopped proscuitto for the meat eaters), cracked two raw eggs into each cocette, and topped with salt and pepper. Then I added two tbsps of cream on the top, put the lids on and popped them in the oven while we opened presents. Everyone raved over the eggs. They were beautiful, richly flavored and easy to do.Date published: 2012-01-09