Staub Cast-Iron Fish Plate with Lid
Renowned for its innovative cookware, Staub's covered cast-iron fish plate is designed for cooking the whole fish or filets. Superior in heat distribution and retention, this piece performs flawlessly, traveling from oven to table for a memorable presentation.
- Heavyweight enameled cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Matte Black cast iron features multi-coat enameling with a low-gloss matte finish.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Includes lid with brass knob.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Made in France.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14 1/2" x 8" x 3 1/2" high.
- 3/4-qt. cap.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Oven and broiler safe up to 500°F.
- For best results use low to medium heat.
- When using high heat, bring your pan slowly to a high temperature.
- Use plastic, wood or nylon utensils only; metal utensils may damage the enamel.
- Enamel may chip or crack if banged against a hard surface.
- Handles and knobs can become very hot. Always use pot holder or glove when handling.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Stubborn stains can be removed by soaking your pot for a few minutes in hot soapy water.
- Completely dry pan before storing.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents, bleach or abrasive cleaners.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
- More about Staub
Staub traces its origin to the Alsace region of France, where founder Francis Staub designed his first enameled pot while working in an old French artillery factory in 1974. With the goal of creating the perfect pot for cooking the region’s traditional hearty soups, stews and braises, he combined cast iron, the most popular material of the time, with the latest enameling technology available. Today, Staub still makes its cookware at a traditional atelier in France, casting each pot in an individual sand mold, which is heated to 800°F and destroyed after use. The exterior enamel coating is made with glass powder and mineral pigments, applied in two or three coats to generate brilliant glossy colors.
Rated 5 out of 5 by cookman1 from OMG Fish IS Perfect I bought this to cook my flounder & cod in it. I place the fish in put buttered panic crumbs on top salt & pepper it & cook for 20 minutes. The fish turns out perfectly flaky & moist. I also use it to roast asparagus & peppers.Date published: 2016-07-10Rated 5 out of 5 by alange from perfect fish It would be nice if this came with a recipe or instructions like my pressure cooker did. I modified en coccote recipes and it worked fabulously for halibut. 40mins @ 250F; just no peekingDate published: 2015-06-14Rated 5 out of 5 by Pickycustomer from Beautiful and functional This is beautiful. I ordered the fish handle to go with it. Staub is the best in my opinion. It heats up super fast and cleaning is a breeze. I used for two large portions of cod and my fish came out juicy and delicious. Used for two huge chicken breast and cooked at the same temp and time as I normally do with a glass baking dish with beautiful results again. Perfect for a family of two to three. Get the large oval wood trivet to go with it, so worth every penny.Date published: 2013-12-24