Perfect for baking hearty gratins and casseroles, this cast-iron French favorite is adept at coaxing crispy brown crusts or toppings. Staub’s innovative enamel coating takes cooking with cast iron to the next level with improved performance, style and durability.
- Multi-coat enameling ensures strength and heat resistance and creates a deep, vibrantly colored “majolique” finish similar in appearance to fine ceramic for oven-to-table presentation.
- Resistant to rust, chipping and cracking, the coating requires no additional seasoning like some other cast-iron pieces.
- The specially formulated black matte interior enamel of each piece contains traces of quartz, giving it additional heat resistance and a rougher surface resulting in better browning.
- Included lid keeps dishes warm even after being removed from the oven.
- Extra-heavy lid seals in moisture for tender, flavorful results.
- The smooth enameled base is compatible with all cooktops including induction.
- Made in France.