Starter Garden Seed Collection
- Online Only
Ideal for novice gardeners looking to raise their own vegetables, this collection brings you six varieties of vegetable seeds chosen for their proven ability to grow easily in many different regions and without much attention. The Seattle Seed Co. finds the highest-quality seeds from organic growers and helps create the next generation of gardeners by donating seeds to nonprofits, schools and food gardens.
- Includes 6 individual packets of seeds (see More Info tab for specifics on each variety).
- Organic seeds are pesticide- and herbicide-free and never genetically modified.
- Open-pollinated varieties allow you to save the seeds from each year’s harvest to plant the next year.
- 45–65 days to harvest from transplant.
- Requires 6 hours or more of sunlight per day.
- Ideal for raised beds or planters. Min. container depth 12".
- Grown in USA.
Collection includes one seed packet each of:
- Waltham 29 Broccoli (.5gm, approx. 150 seeds)
- Marketmore 76 Cucumbers (2gm, approx. 75 seeds)
- Rainbow Blend Carrots (.5gm, approx. 350 seeds)
- Sugar Snap Peas (28gm, approx. 100 seeds)
- Brandywine Tomato (.1gm, approx. 35 seeds)
- Buttercrunch Lettuce (.5gm, approx. 275 seeds)
- Dimensions & More Info
- Waltham 29 Broccoli: A popular vegetable at farmer's markets, this heirloom broccoli thrives in consistently moist, rich soil, doesn't require any special care and is very productive. Each plant will produce one large head in the center and edible shoots for months afterward. Best when steamed or stir-fried just until just tender.
- Marketmore 76 Cucumbers: This popular variety of cucumber is 8"–9" long at maturity, dark green and resistant to disease. Excellent sliced in salads and sandwiches, and for pickling and canning.
- Rainbow Blend Carrots: A colorful blend of carrots, this mix includes red, orange, purple, white and yellow varieties. Fine addition to salads and stir-fries.
- Sugar Snap Peas: Best-tasting of the snap peas, the sugar snap pea bears abundant 2 1/2"–3"-long meaty, juicy pods containing 5-7 medium-sized peas each. Serve them as a side dish or toss into mixed green salads or stir-fries. The perfect pea for early spring or late summer. Plants climb up to 6' and require support.
- Brandywine Tomato: This heirloom tomato is known for its perfect balance of sugars and flavor. Dark pinkish-red flesh is smooth and juicy. Fruits are very large, 1 lb. or more. Excellent sliced for snacking and salads; also for sauces, juicing, canning.
- Buttercrunch Lettuce: A leafy lettuce with crisp, dark green leaves and occasionally a tinge of red at the edges. It has a yellowish white heart at the center. Heat tolerant. Use raw for salads, garnishes and juicing.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.