Sowden Softbrew Coffee Maker
- Free Shipping
Down-to-earth simplicity meets high-tech in this intuitive coffee brewing system invented by George Sowden, a pioneering English design pioneer and cofounder of The Memphis Group in Milan. SoftBrew is based on a classic technique called cupping—the simple infusion method used by professional tasters to evaluate the world’s finest coffees. The system combines a porcelain pot with a state-of-the-art filter that blocks all grounds larger than 150 microns. Coffee and hot water steep in the pot, releasing the coffee's nuanced complexity of unique flavors and aromas.
- Exceptionally simple way to brew a superior cup of coffee exactly the way you like it—and savor the purest flavors and aromas of freshly roasted coffee beans.
- The Softbrew method couldn't be simpler: just place the filter in the porcelain pot, put ground coffee into the filter, pour over hot water, stir and steep for about four minutes.
- Designed for optimal extraction of flavor and aroma, the filter's 160,000 microscopic holes make it fine enough to block all grounds larger than 150 microns—twice as fine as other coffee filters on the market.
- Oversized, micro-etched stainless-steel filter creates a desirable ‘bloom’ as the ground beans release their distinctive fragrances and flavors.
- Use any type of grind you like—fine, medium or coarse; the filter only allows passage of the finest grounds (known as "fines"), ensuring the richest, most full-bodied coffee.
- Porcelain pot retains heat so coffee stays hot longer, while its hollow handle stays cool to the touch.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" x 4 1/2" x 7 1/2" high.
- 2 lb. 1 oz.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Dishwasher safe.
- Dishwasher safe.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.