San Francisco Sourdough Starter Kit
- Online Only
Make your own authentic San Francisco-style sourdough bread with our starter kit. We’ve captured the particular mix of wild yeasts and beneficial lactobacillus bacteria (L. sanfranciscensis) that has made the city’s bread so famous. Follow the instructions to activate the starter by periodically adding flour and water, and the natural yeasts and bacteria will get to work on the slow fermentation process that adds the distinctive sour tang and chewy crust prized in sourdough loaves. Use the included covered stoneware crock to keep a portion of the starter refrigerated for your next batch of bread.
- Our kit includes retro-style stoneware crock, packet of sourdough starter, recipe for Classic San Francisco Sourdough Bread and detailed instructions.
- Starter can be propagated and stored in refrigerator for future batches of bread.
- Handmade glazed ceramic crock keeps your starter fresh in the refrigerator, ready for the next batch.
- Maintained in proper conditions, your starter will last indefinitely.
- Assembled in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Crock: 4 1/2" diam., 5 1/2" high; 1 1/4-cup cap.; made in China.
- Starter is made in USA.
- Organic unbleached wheat flour, spring water.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.