UK Cheddar Cheese Collection
- Online Only
- Vendor Shipped
The Devonshire countryside of southwest England is home to traditional English cheddar, which has been made there since the 12th century. The Quicke family has owned and operated their farm in the Devon town of Newton St. Cyres since 1540. Using the milk from their herd of 500 cows and a heritage starter culture, family cheese maker Mary Quicke crafts cheddars of distinctive quality and flavor. This trio of handcrafted cheddars includes some of Quickes' most unmistakably British varieties, prized for their creamy, buttery flavor and characteristic crystalline texture followed by welcome creaminess.
Vintage Cheddar: Traditional cheddar cellar-aged approximately two years, encouraging an intense depth of flavor.
Smoked Cheddar: Traditional cheddar aged 12 to 15 months, then cut into wedges and naturally smoked over oak chips from the estate’s woodland.
Raw Milk Cheddar: Cheddar made with raw (unpasteurized) milk and aged for 9 to 14 months.
- 8 oz. each (1 lb. 8 oz. total).
- Shipped chilled.
- Made in England.
- Use & Care
- Refrigerate cheese upon receipt. It is best stored in a vegetable bin or container away from therefrigerator fan. Wrap leftover cheese in parchment paper (plastic wrap is not recommended).
- Consume cheese within 1 to 2 weeks of receipt.
- To experience the cheese's full flavor, serve at room temperature.
- Vintage Cheddar: Cow’s Milk, starter Cultures, Salt, Rennet (animal).
- Smoked Cheddar: Cow’s Milk, starter Cultures, Salt, Rennet (animal), oak smoke.
- Raw Milk Cheddar: Cow’s Milk, starter Cultures, Salt, Rennet (animal).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped overnight from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.