Snow River Walnut Carving Board
Our multipurpose walnut board reverses from a carving side for presenting roasted poultry and meats, to a smooth side for chopping ingredients or serving cheese. Artisans at a Wisconsin workshop craft it from edge-grain American walnut, finishing the carving side with a grid of three-dimensional triangular points for no-slip slicing and a deep edge well.
- Carving side has a grid of individually cut pyramids that help secure meats in place for steady slicing.
- Perimeter well collects juices during carving.
- Smooth side is ideal for prep and serving.
- Edge-grain construction is exceptionally durable yet gentle on knives.
- Food-safe oil finish.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 21" x 15" x 3/4" thick.
- 4 lb. 13 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.