Slate Cheese Serving Board
- Online Only
Our rustic slate board provides handsome – and informative – presentation for a selection of artisanal cheeses, appetizers or bite-sized desserts. At dinner parties, use one board to display the evening's menu or several as personalized place mats.
- Handcrafted from 1/4"-thick food-safe natural slate with a smooth face and natural edge.
- Includes soapstone pencil for labeling.
- Felt backing protects surfaces.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 16" x 12".
- 1/4" thick.
- 5 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash with a soapy sponge, rinse and dry thoroughly.
- Do not immerse in water or wash in dishwasher.
- Not intended for use as a cutting or carving board.
- To hide scratches, rub slate with mineral oil.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 3 out of 5 by LisaFromWI from Beautiful, chips so easily I would recommend w/ reservation... I always handle this very carefully, but I took off a rather large chip the very first time I was (gently) drying it with a dish towel! It's hard to clean, too--I appreciate the felt bottom, but it's difficult to keep dry when washing. And when I got it a little wet once, the color bled out on the fabric where I set it down. That all said, I get compliments on this piece, especially because of the cleverness of being able to write the cheese/food name right on the board.Date published: 2013-05-27Rated 4 out of 5 by Odieoscar from Nice and Big I was looking for a nice and big slate to put different cheeses on for guests. Clean up is quick and easy.Date published: 2012-05-04