simplehuman™ Sensor Trash Can
The first sensor trash can from simplehuman with the sleek look and durability of stainless-steel. A quick wave of the hand over the lid's sensor zone triggers the can to open. Thanks to a smart multi-sense™ system, the lid stays open long enough for you to finish the job, then closes automatically.
- Made from durable stainless steel and black polypropylene.
- Sensor on lid detects hand motion directly above and opens lid automatically for truly touchless operation.
- Once the lid is open, the sensor becomes more sensitive to motion, so the lid won't close before you're finished. After 3 seconds of continued activity, the lid automatically opens wide and switches to a 30-second stay-open mode – good for longer chores.
- Brushed-stainless-steel finish is fingerprint-proof to resist smudges and wipe clean easily.
- Replaceable charcoal filter in lid neutralizes odors naturally.
- Bag-tuck feature hides excess bag.
- Space-saving rectangular shape with internal hinge sits flush against wall.
- Runs on six C batteries (not included).
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10 1/2-gal.-cap can: 17" x 12" x 25" high
- 14 1/2-gal.-cap. can: 20" x 13" x 25" high
- Made in Taiwan.
- Use & Care
- 10 1/2-gal.-cap. can: use with simplehuman size-N liners or standard 13-gallon tall kitchen bags.
- 14 1/2-gal.-cap. can: use with simplehuman size-U liners or 15-gallon tall kitchen bags.
- Clean exterior with warm water and a soft cloth.
- A microfiber cloth is suggested to effectively clean the stainless steel without leaving streak marks.
- For a more thorough cleaning, mild detergent can be used. Rinse with clean water and wipe dry with an absorbent cloth.
- Avoid abrasive cleaners and scouring pads.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.