Bold, bright and colorful, signal flags have been used by sailors for centuries to communicate across vast stretches of ocean. These graphic qualities make them equally eye-catching on the wall. Ours are genuine nautical flags from a cache we discovered in Germany. Because these are found, vintage flags, each is unique and will show signs of its time at sea.
- Actual vintage maritime signal flag found in Germany.
- This flag's bright white X on a blue ground symbolizes the letter M ("Mike"). The design also means "My vessel is stopped" in Navy parlance.
- Quantities are limited, and each flag is unique.
- This found, vintage object shows attractive signs of age and wear.
- Mounted on an acid-free archival mat and framed behind glass in a shadow box made from 100% recycled post-consumer plastic (LEED certified).
- 19" wide x 1 5/8" deep x 24" high.
- Frame made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.