Bold, bright and colorful, signal flags have been used by sailors for centuries to communicate across vast stretches of ocean. Their graphic qualities make our vintage nautical flags equally eye-catching mounted on a wall, whether displayed individually or in groups. From a cache discovered in Germany, each flag
shows distinctive signs of its time at sea.
- This flag's blue and yellow vertical stripes symbolize the letter G ("Golf"). The design also means "I require a pilot" in Navy parlance.
- Authentic, vintage maritime signal flag that shows unique signs of age and wear.
- Mounted on an acid-free archival linen mat and framed behind glass in a shadow box made from 100% recycled post-consumer plastic with an espresso finish.
- Overall: 27" x 33" x 1 1/2" thick; flag: Approx. 19" x 24".
- Quantities are limited.
- Flag: Found in Germany (original country of origin unknown); frame made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.