Need Help? Call 877.812.6235
Shun Reserve Serrated Utility Knife
This western-style knife is part of the Reserve collection from Shun and is as beautiful to behold as it is a pleasure to use. Its serrated blade cuts cleanly through tomatoes and other delicate fruits and vegetables without tearing them. Striking in its design, the colorful charcoal and crimson PakkaWood handle is contoured for comfort and has an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, the knife has a fully forged blade that provides added balance when making precision cuts.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, a core of SG2 powdered steel has a super fine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blade is clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel that also helps food release easily.
- Blade has a Japanese-style 16-degree angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level standards of commercial kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6"-long blade.
- 4"-long handle.
- 3.5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Avoid cleaners containing bleach or citrus extracts.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a sharpener designed for a serrated blade, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
- Gift with Purchase
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.