This western-style knife is part of the Reserve collection from Shun and is as beautiful to behold as it is a pleasure to use. A core tool in professional kitchens, a chef’s knife is indispensable for everyday cutting tasks from chopping to slicing. Shun’s chef’s knife features a supersharp blade hollow-ground with indentations that reduce friction and minimize sticking. Striking in its design, the colorful charcoal and crimson PakkaWood handle is contoured for comfort and has an inlaid mosaic crest.
- Handcrafted in the style of western cutlery, the knife has a fully forged blade that gives it heft to provide power for precision cuts.
- Blade has a Japanese-style 16-degree angle.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood offer comfort and control.
- Inspired by centuries-old samurai sword–making techniques, a core of SG2 powdered steel has a super fine, even grain capable of being forged into an ultrathin yet extremely strong, exquisitely sharp blade.
- Blade is clad in a true 32-layer Damascus of forged nickel and stainless steel that also helps food release easily.
- Indentations along the blade reduce friction and keep food from sticking.
- Full-tang construction and a riveted handle made of moisture-resistant, resin-infused polished PakkaWood, offers comfort and control.
- This NSF-certified knife meets the high-level standards of commercial kitchens.
- Handcrafted in Japan.